SRS Ever feel like....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 04JETTA, Mar 28, 2008.

1. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

you just dont fit in not neccesarily in ur school/work place/town or city that ur in if so what do u do about it?

2. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

Huh? Could you clarify? If youre not asking about fitting in at work/school/town/city, where are you asking about fitting in?

3. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Yes, of course. I realize it's the truth though. I fit "somewhere" I just don't fit in with the average group of people. It's not a bad thing or a good thing, it's simply the result of my life circumstances. I feel it, but I don't let it consume me or stop me from being satisfied with the people who I do connect with.

4. childofbean

childofbean Green Member

I don't seem to fit in anywhere :hs:

5. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

:sadwavey:

6. Ivan

Ivan New Member

I always feel that way. I don't do anything about it because that's the way I am. It sucks, but that's the way it is. Sometimes I wish I could be more outgoing, perhaps less self-aware, perhaps more immature (I don't claim to be very mature under certain circumstances, though), perhaps more funny so people would stick around me more. But I am not, and it wears myself out when I try to be something I am not, which sadly, I have to do everyday because of another issue.

I very rarely find people who I do feel comfortable with and can talk about anything, and people rarely find in me a friend. I guess I'm one of those "first-impression" guys. For older people I'm probably still a kid for them. For people my age I'm probably just weird.

That's pretty much it. But there are always people who will make you feel good. I reckon a lot of people have this feeling. Some just hide it. We're all different, after all.

7. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

I feel you, I don't fit in anywhere that I want to fit in. I spent alot of time running and growing up with the bad and wrong crowds. Unfortunatly now that im away from all that I have major issues getting in with the crowds i want to be with.

I don't talk about myself, im very protective of my thoughts and feelings, very hard for me to trust people etc etc. When I meet new people I seem to come off as a prick because I don't share as much as fast as they do. can't tell them about all my happy childhood memorys because I dont have them. etc etc

So i seem to be stuck at the outside looking in. Although im busting my ass to change the way I am it just takes alot of hard work. It hasn't paid off yet but im making progress.

8. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I feel the same way often. I'm overly mature for my age, I don't drink or go out and hit the bars. I grew up with an alcoholic parent and drinking does not interest me in the least. Most women look at me like I'm nuts because of this.

For the most part I just keep to myself. It makes for a lonely life. :sadwavey:

9. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Yeah. Every day I feel like I don't really fit into the world around me in general, except when I'm at work; I work in a tech-heavy office with a bunch of geeks of various professions, so I'm pretty well at home there, but when I walk out of the office, I feel like I walk into a world of bars and pro-sports and expensive cars and shallow women, none of which I have any interest in.

The important thing to believe (and I say this even though I'm no good at it myself) is that you're only noticing the parts of the world around you that you don't like, and ignoring the parts you do like. To get past it, you have to find the people you used to ignore and spend time with them -- though depending on your preferences, that could be easy or it could be hard.

Good luck with that.

10. Ivan

Ivan New Member

Though I didn't have those issues with my parents, I do not like either to drink or go to bars. The result is basically the same, little chances to meet people.

In the same boat. :hsd:

11. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

I've learned from experience that being overly mature at a young age is not the hip cool great thing that people think it is. Adults compliment that, and support that, and encourage that -- but it's a negative thing.

A child should be a child, not a caretaker to some fuckin' drunk, or have to sit on the stairs listening at night as the dishes smash and the screaming or or hitting takes place.

I used to be overly mature too, but thank God I got a lot of counseling. Now I realize I wasn't overly mature at all, I was forced to adapt to something abnormal, but I was still a kid inside, still naive about most things, and still going to make stupid mistakes.

12. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I'm an enigma wrapped in a mystery. Sometimes I'm pretty sure I'm the only person alive who feels the way I do about certain things....but then I say "fuck it, I'm bored and need human contact." And I go out and get it.

13. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

damn and i thought this thread died :eek3:

14. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Ford! :wavey: Haven't seen you around here in a while! What happened man? Last time I saw you was just after Valentine's day last year- You were going through a horrible time :hug: but you had a great girl and seemed to to be in a really good place just before then. Sorry to hear you're going through a rough spot again :hug:

Jetta- I guess I don't really understand- could you explain? You mean you don't feel like you fit in anywhere? Like not even with friends and family and the likes? That seems like it would be horribly sad. How do you deal with it Jetta?

15. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

Nobody fits in everywhere but more often than not, unless you are c omplete psycho you only feel this way - most people get along well and fit in with most other people.

Are you sure you're just not over analysing the situation?

16. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

i dont feel like i fit in in the city im in i feel like i should be some place else but no worries just hafta find my niche i guess i mean i have friends and family and all but as soon as they leave................:sadwavey: hope this makes sense

17. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

:dunno: I hope you feel better.

When I think about it I never think I fit in but I don't focus on that - I like to make people laugh and most people enjoy laughing so I use that.

18. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

thanks Mugatu iwishyouwerebeer LP and everybody else :wavey: can always count on the asylum

19. Lucky Penny

I didn't go away to college after I graduated from high school. I went to community college and so did my best friend. We've been best friends since we meet when we were 13 and inseparable ever since. When we were 20, she went to Utah to visit a friend of ours that was in the Air Force. She decided that she wanted to stay out there and start a relationship with him (yes, this is the same friend who has now been in an physically abusive marriage for the past 4 years- with that same guy.)

Before she moved, I had thought a few times about leaving Cleveland to go away to college or to just get out of there- but I was afraid to leave my friends and family. I couldn't imagine my life without them around all the time. After she moved, it took a few months to get adjusted to life without her around.

She eventually moved back to Cleveland, but I learned a valuable lesson while she was gone. Don't put your life on hold for someone else. If you want to go- then go. Life doesn't stand still- people move away, they find jobs, they get married and have their own life. They're not going to wait for you. You have to do what you feel is right for you.

I moved Dc about a year after she moved back to Cleveland. One day I woke up and I just knew- it was time to go. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

You will find new friends. You'll be able to keep in touch and go back to visit the old ones. You'll see and talk to your family, and you'll probably miss them sometimes, but jetting out on your own is alot of fun- and you'll learn more than you can imagine.

And, if you play your cards right, it'll really give you a chance to find your niche :big grin:

20. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

im bout to break down and cry tears of joy cause i think this is how im feeling thanks again :wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

21. Lucky Penny

When it's time to go- it's time to go. It'll hit you like a ton of bricks and you'll just know. Take that opportunity and run with it. :big grin:

22. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

I fit in with two groups the best. Ironically these are the druggies/musicians/artists/social outliers and the academics. I don't want to sound like a pathetic teenager but I can't fit in with the mainstream. I get depressed or nervous or something when I am exposed to most things popular. It's mainly that lack of substance and soul with these things or the superficiality behind most of it.

While I have to understand and interact with the general public the most (Small business owner), I don't feel comfortable doing it.

So I feel like I don't fit with 90% of the people I meet. It's not like I'm above them or anything either.

23. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Weird. I'm 25 and I have yet to have that feeling. I mean, I knew I needed to go out of state for college, but afterwards I moved in with my father in NoVA to cut costs, and I've been content to live in a spare bedroom ever since. No tons of bricks in sight.

That's not to say I don't know I need to move out to get on with my life, I just don't feel much inclination to get on with my life right now.

24. childofbean

childofbean Green Member

This sounds exactly like me. :eek3:
    It's nice to know that someone else experiences the same thing. :sadwavey:

25. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

now all i have to do is explain it to my best friend :hs: