SRS Ever feel like you just can't connect with anyone your own age?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PC Principle, Jun 1, 2009.

1. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

For some reason I have a very hard time holding conversations with people my own age. It seems like 99% of them are always tied up in some sort of trivial bullshit or stupid drama that just seems completely useless and asinine to me. I actually find myself having more in common with older people than I do with people in their 20's. It is almost like I have nothing in common with people my own age. I have tried to do things and make friends with my peers but to me everything they want to do and how they act just seems stupid and I have pretty much stopped even trying. It is not that I am an unlikable person or anything but I have gotten to the point to where I would rather just not deal with it and keep to myself instead of subjecting myself to that kind of shit and pretend to really care.

I am really not looking for friend advice because I have no real desire to be fake and shit just to hang around other people my age but I am just wondering, is there is anyone else out there like me?

Luckily I have found a wonderful woman that I will be marrying next year that is on the same page as me. She is real smart and down to earth and basically drama-free which I like. Do I really need anyone else besides her and my family in my life?

2. tidalxwave

tidalxwave WWKD? OT Supporter

3. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

Sounds like you simply need to learn to be a better friend. People are going to have drama in their life, you cant avoid it. If you feel you are simply better off not being bothered with it then thats your choice. But people in their 30's have problems too. What exactly was your plan when one of your older friends decides to tell you about their problems?

Friends are there for friends when friends have problems. Its a part of being a friend.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I think its best for you to set aside the age issue and just have friends who just like your wife relate to you, you're not obliged to have friends of your own age, for instance i have a dear love for classical music ,i have no one my age to relate to ,so i intereact with older people when it comes to my subject, the old folks are a bit suprised when a youngster talks to them, but as soon as they see you have the same interest everything is just fine.

5. Abomb

Abomb New Member

I USED TO FEEL LIKE THAT UNTIL I GOT SOME HOBBIES

6. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

You're an old soul, such as I. there is nothing wrong with having older folks you can relate with as friends. All my friends are at least 5 years older than I. When I was in my 20's my friend were in their 30's, I just couldn't put up with the petty bs a 20 y/o goes through and moreso the results and actions they think are acceptable.

7. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

I would not mind if it was a serious problem. But if it is just some drama then I don't want any part of it.

I just seem to have more in common with older people. I don;t really think I am taking the easy way out.

:coold: This advice sounds pretty good.

I have hobbies but :cool:

Exactly. :h5: