SRS Ever feel empty?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BigBadJohn, Mar 31, 2008.

1. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Like nothing you do matters? Like youll always find something wrong or youll always be unhappy with something.
    I got a camaro to work on and as a hobby, but dont have the money to do anything and never have the time/space to work on it. And Im starting to grow tired of that too. And just overall depressed. Moreso than usual

2. le_rocks

le_rocks New Member

I'm starting to feel that more and more.

3. KSNIPPY

KSNIPPY As lost as i get i will find you

i have a feeling that alot of us in here feel that way

i know i do :wtc:

4. le_rocks

le_rocks New Member

Sometimes I feel like im losing the game of life. Sometimes certain days are easier than others. But it doesn't feel like im gonna be able to catch up.

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

It's called growing up. Nothing you do does matter; someday the universe will collapse in on itself, or else all the usable energy will be spent, and all that will be left is a bunch of rocks and gas floating around in a big black nothing -- much like it is now, but without any sunlight.

The only reason to do anything, ultimately, is because you're alive and it's boring if you just sit around waiting to die again. Welcome to the real world; now you know why so many people feel compelled to believe in God.

6. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I hear that. Sometimes I feel like no matter how much I do, I just cannot get ahead. This probably stems from the fact that my life pretty much revolves around school, and I'm always inundated with work and such... It's still a disheartening feeling though..

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

The meaning of life is to love and help others, love is the only thing that can fill up the black hole void that we have in our souls. The earth is a place for us to learn and grow into becoming stronger souls, its a sort of training course, and that's why it is so hard. Choices in life make you either happy or unhappy, you have to set out a loving path for yourself that will make you happy.

8. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

not anymore but oncea upon a time over time i found something that always made me happy and now here i am you just have to find the same but i searched for many years still got other questions to answer i guess its just a part of life good luck :sadwavey:

9. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

You are choosing to focus on what you want instead of what you can change.

Have I ever been where you are? Oh yeah. Did I find a way out? Yep.

NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING is forever. Not even your currently shitty mood. It will pass, you will have more money, you will get some of the things you used to want, you will lose some of the things you have now.

Change is inevitable. The sooner people accept that the better. One cannot stop change from happening...all one can do is change the way they choose to react to change.

If you don't like some aspect of your life....change it! Now most people can't change everything overnight so they just give up. It's like if they can't go from being a lazy couch potato to living in a mansion driving a benz and having all the ladies falling all over them TOMORROW, then they just aren't interested in changing.

Funny thing is, most people can easily amass large amounts of wealth is they would just realize that they currently don't know shit. Then seek knowledge in all the areas they are deficient.

Most people in life have to work hard to make a nice life for themselves and their family. Most people think they can't learn....but that's just BS. The reality, most people are simply too fucking lazy to learn.

If you're too lazy to change your life....you really don't have a reason to bitch. Am I right or amirite?

10. daddyphatsacs

daddyphatsacs Serving fiends since 84

I used to feel like that but, this past year a lot happened in my life that made me b put stuff in to perspective. One of my dear friends was killed because someone else wasn't paying attention and hit himt and his wife. What made it worse wase that it was his Birthday. His was survived and he left behind 3 kids. Some of the things he told me was take care of your family and things will fall in place. I'm not saying you need a family or anything like that to find happiness but that's what did it for me. I don't have much money nor do I want to be rich. AS long as I see the smiling faces of my kids, it makes my day worth it.

11. Titan King

Titan King New Member

You need some love. That's all.

Girlfriend. Life life to the full.

Join a basketball team or something.

12. saiaba

saiaba Guest

I feel ya OP.

To all the people that say he/we all need to change give out some examples or something.

13. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

what part of, "If you don't like some aspect of your life, change it." do you not understand?

Ok...fine....you need someone to lead you by the hand. Ok.

So if a person is constantly broke and doesn't like that they need to change it. Then the question is how? Well there are literally thousands of ways and they range from short term fixes to long term fixes and everything in between.

The absolute fastest way to have more money, take on a second job. Waiting tables and bartending are some of the best paying jobs per hour for younger people. When I was young, I worked 2 jobs and it was awesome. I always had money. Job #1 was at a hotel working as a pool/spa/lawn maintenance guy. Job #2 was working at Kinkos as a copy clerk/computer dude.

This was over the summer and I'd get up at 6 am to work the hotel job then go to kinkos at 2. I was home every night by 8pm and usually asleep by midnight. I did this the whole summer and made a fortune.

A different summer, I mowed lawns. This is also an excellent way to make money.

Look if you don't have enough money in your life and you live in America, you're simply being lazy. There are plenty of examples of teenagers starting businesses and supporting themselves.

Most people are too lazy to make these changes tho.....they are also too lazy to think differently about their problems and simply want to whine and complain. This is usually because mommy and daddy spoiled the kids and never taught them to think for themselves and to make their own way in the world. This is a common problem but it's entirely within the person's ability to change. Like I said before....most ppl are just too lazy.

14. MisterX

MisterX Guest

All the time, because females don't want me :sad2:

15. aGUYfromHARLEM

aGUYfromHARLEM New Member

maybe if you read the bible, you would change your mind....

ofcourse, without Jesus Christ in your life your bound to feel hopeless

Godisreal.jpg

16. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I was raised Catholic. I read the New Testament cover-to-cover. I've also read the Upanishads and the Bhagavad Gita and the Tao Teh Ching. I haven't read the Quran yet, but my father has.

Believing in a God that will swoop down and save you from a finite existence is just a way for the human mind to cope with a capacity for abstract thought that is usually very useful, but allows it to comprehend its own eventual death. It's a coping mechanism, nothing more. You may call a lack of faith in Jesus "hopelessness", I call it "realism".

As for whether that keeps me from doing things because I know they will all be irrelevant someday, it doesn't have that effect at all -- and if you think that giving your soul to Christ somehow exempts you from having to deal with that same problem, then you clearly haven't given proper consideration to the fact that you (supposedly) believe that God will end the universe in the same way he created it someday, and everything you did in the universe will mean nothing. So the issue of "why bother doing anything if it will all be washed away" is still relevant, regardless of religious persuasion.

- - -

Before you suggest that I should go to church a few times as well, you should know that I've gone to church many times in my youth, and I never felt further from God* than when I was sitting in a pew, singing hymns.

*for lack of a better word

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  17. aGUYfromHARLEM

aGUYfromHARLEM New Member

okay, so what if there is a God and when you die you burn in hell for eternity

its a free gift into heaven, why dont you just take it

18. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

Yeah, it is starting to be come more and more prevalent in my life. I have been suffering from some nebulous health problems, which are causing me to sleep up to 14 hours a day. I have been trying to go to school, keep good grades, stay on track towards graduating in a decent amount of time, and do the things I really enjoy.

The only thing which I have been able to keep constant in my life, which I love to death, is my training. But, because of whatever is going on with me, it is suffering as well. If I could, I would train 2x's a day. Right now, the half hour after training is the only thing I look forward too. It is the only time of day, where I am not physically and mentally exhausted. Once the bliss leaves, I go home and I sleep or attempt to study.

My health has destroyed any possibility of a social life as well. I am either behind in studies, trying to crank out some reading or homework, or usually asleep. I do not have a SO, or sex drive, or desire to go with the buds to catch a drink, because I am so fucking tired. Masturbation is a chore.

I tell my doc, my depression is secondary to my exhaustion. Their solution: let's up the dose of your effexxor... right, I was already taking 300mg's before the onset of this shit. I am already approaching the upper limit of the dose. Now, I am in withdrawls from that shit as well. FUCK. I can really identify with the lines in Fight Club of wanting to destroy everything beautiful in this world, because I am not able to enjoy them, so why should anyone else?

My life is shit. I want hormones and if I have to resort to steroids, fuck it so be it.

19. saiaba

saiaba Guest

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not, I agreed up till the godisreal.jpg then i started to :rofl:

But in all seriousness I believe part of that hole can be filled by god.

damn dude.. I feel for ya.:hsd::hugot: Its shit like this that makes me feel like my bitch ass should never be unhappy.

20. fy-freedom

fy-freedom New Member

Hearing it from others is lot more difficult to chew on comparing with realizing it myself. I am more depressed now. Life is so meaningless. Eventually what do we gain from living a few decades?