COMIC Ever 17: The Out of Infinity

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by foo82, Aug 20, 2009.

1. foo82

foo82 New Member

Anyone played this VN before? Just finished it recently and man was that game a mind trip.

For those that never heard of it before, its easily has one of the best plot/story that I have ever read. There are 4 good endings and each time you play through the game, it keeps you guessing and reveals some completely unexpected plot twists. Once you get all 4 good endings, you unlock a 5th route (and true ending) which ties everything together and reveals several huge plot twists that I never even guessed correctly at, which is rare. It does require a little bit of suspension of disbelief, but never have I been blown away like this before.
    It does require a bit of patience though. It took around 40 hours to finish the complete storyline.

Plot synopsis from wikipedia
    "Ever 17 is the tale of seven individuals who come to be trapped within the underwater marine theme park, LeMU, 51 meters below the surface. During an apparently normal day at the park, an incident occurs, placing almost half of the facility underwater. The path to the surface and the communication lines are cut off. In addition, LeMU is under constant assault by severe water pressure, limiting time to find a means of escape to 119 hours. Escape is not the only concern, however; many questions arise as to the legitimacy of the accident and whether or not those trapped there were brought there for a purpose.
    As the situation grows more desperate, the people trapped inside LeMU grow closer. They begin to uncover the answers to mysteries about themselves, LeMU, and the situation itself. As the end of LeMU grows nearer, so too do the mysteries and relationships forged by the situation grow deeper. Ultimately, it is up to the characters not only to survive, but to discover the truth behind LeMU and themselves as well."

Also technically its a love-sim type game, but those playing it wont really feel like its one. The story and mysteries that surround the protagonists are so engrossing that it kinda overshadows the romance aspect of it.

No its not an eroge, and yes there is an english version.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  2. JP

JP Active Member

where may i obtain this?

3. foo82

foo82 New Member

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  4. JP

JP Active Member

hmmm 40 hours of play....

may possibly want.

5. foo82

foo82 New Member

Doo it.

Also I would like to mention it would be nearly impossible to make a manga/anime that would have this type of impact. Simply because of the way they reveal information through the four different routes/endings + the knockout punch with the final route/ending.

Warning. Don't start playing this at midnight. You won't get any sleep until you finish that route.