Eve Online

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by yaki, May 31, 2009.

1. yaki

yaki Active Member

Downloading this right now... anyone play this?

2. Twinsen

Twinsen OT Supporter

Not since 2006.

3. DaninTexas

DaninTexas OT Supporter

Don't

Been playing since 2005 - I have 3 bil in isk - I fly everything in the game sans titans and motherships.

Done missions - mining - pvp

What you see in the free trial is it. It never changes
    Just FYI

4. FunkyMunniez

FunkyMunniez Active Member

if youre going to pay, minus whale get WoW or something better.

5. Phreakazoid

Phreakazoid Wallsticks, motherfucker

It's cool but you need boatloads of time just to figure out what the fuck you're doing.

as other people said, if you're willing to pay just start playing WoW or DarkFall or some shit.

6. Dogz

Dogz interior crocodile moderator

I had the 21 day trial. Was good at first then got repetative. Steep learning curve also

7. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

[​IMG]

The learning curve is that steep. I am subscribed, but I think it takes awhile to actually "get" the game and why it's fun. And it's just not fun for some people. I would wait to make your judgement though. Get into a corp and actually start doing things, make some plans and go somewhere. If you want to get into PvP action right away, become a pirate and start ganking people in low-sec space.

8. Otto

Otto Who the hell do you think I am!?!?!?!

make friends in game and you will be fine, then just take your time to learn it

that whole whats in the trial is the whole game is a load of bullshit:rofl: itll take you alot longer than the trial to figure out effective pvp, ratting, mining, manufacture, trade and logistics

9. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Just canceled my sub and uninstalled the game. I played back in 2003 in beta then early release. Quit and just returned back in Feb. The game has changed a lot since '03 but there are tons of ppl in the game now and I owned and almost owned a number of times.

I dunno...just not for me.

10. Phreakazoid

Phreakazoid Wallsticks, motherfucker

11. cRaZe

cRaZe 3rd world slummin

Eve is one of those games that it's actually more fun reading about it's current player affairs and lore and even spending time tinkering with third party programs like EFT to see what kind of stats you can get out of ships.

then you actually log in and it's like oh wait... that ship I outfitted in EFT I can't use it for 2 more months. Well i'll just try this... oh nevermind 3 months. Well I can... oh.. 6 weeks.

12. DaninTexas

DaninTexas OT Supporter

Even once you can use them you end up using them a few times. The only thing I ended up doing lately was logging in to chat with friends. I wouldn't even leave dock. Just started playing the market. I made about 500mill last month with out even leaving dock in Amarr. Was sad.

Don't get me wrong - the game is nice. But its mainly the player base. If you have a solid player base then the game really doesn't matter to much. When it comes to MMOs that is

13. Short Round

Short Round New Member

1-3 months - You'll be mining and running missions for the first 3 months. Then when you get a nice little pew pew frig it will get killed in low sec. You'll get into some sort of corp that is attached to some small alliance that no one cares about.

3-6 months - Said alliance will give in and become a pet of another alliance. You'll spend hours gate camping to kill a handful of people. At this point it will be month 6 and you'll be able to equip a n00b BS. It will get killed by another gate camper.

Year 1 - Now you can fly a ship with good equipment. You switch some alliances and then realize its the same crap all over again.

PS - I still play and love it LOL.

14. Thisisnew

Thisisnew Guest

the game is so awesome in theory, but i played it for a bit and it just wasnt for me :hs: