MMA Evan Tanner's new blog...

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by FlyingNun, Nov 16, 2006.

1. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I need a website to tell the story, and begin this new journey.

I need someone to help me put up my website. I've got the domain name and the space reserved. I just want something basic. I'll tell my story there, of the last year, of my fight career, the truth of everything, the story of my life.

There was a friend here on myspace that offered to help me out, but I've lost his email. Are you still out there and willing? I have a unique concept in mind.

I spoke with Joe Silva, the UFC matchmaker a couple of weeks ago. He says I still have a place in the UFC. I am thankful for that. I also spoke with the Chute Boxe team. They have invited me to come out to train. They want to get me ready to take on Anderson Silva.

I have fallen into embarassing physical condition. I'm soft, flabby, and weak. I'm smaller than I've been since highschool. I've been drinking from morning until night for eight months straight. No, it's not cool, but it is the truth. My stomach hurts so much I can barely eat soup. I've been on the road for almost a year staying with friends, offending most of them. My bank account is negative. I'm behind on my house payment. My phone has been shut off. I'm two years behind on my taxes. I'm worried the government is going to take everything from me. I haven't been training. I've avoided the media, and I've spoken with very few friends.

But my mind, and heart are strong. I will rise again.

Best wishes to all,

Evan

2. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

damn :sad2: sucks that he has fallen down so low, hopefully he'll pick himself up and we get to see him fight again

3. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

cant go wrong training with Chute boxe

4. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

Sad situation, the hard part is knowing his time has past and fighting is all he knows. He says he is mentally strong but I bet he is more depressed then imaginable. Think about it, he was on top at one point in life and now he has put himself at the bottom. No one can be strong through that cause they were weak in the first place for getting there.

5. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

That's sad... He used to be one of my favorite fighters... I hope he can turn things around, but it sounds like it'll be a tough road for sure...

6. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

Poor Tanner, I really like him. Honestly though, the way Franklin handled him the last time around I would hate to see him try anything against Anderson.

7. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

the dude has turned into a complete hippie homeless hiker dude lol, used to enjoy his fights, never knew he was such a goofy bastard till i read his blogs on myspace, dude probably needs some meds

8. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

Sounds like he already has too many meds in him haha, making him goofy in the head.

9. tenmeikanoh

tenmeikanoh New Member

I have questions about his heart and his mind being strong at this point, but hopefully he's successful in his comeback.

10. GreatDeceiver

:hsugh: you must know the guy real well

11. Etherized

Etherized Active Member

Why is he like that now? What happened?

12. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

He didn't choose for it to all go bad... I mean the guy was once a good UFC fighter. When someone comes upon misfortune and doesn't have friends/family that will support them no matter what, it REALLY can do a number on them. I give evan credit for not just giving up and planning on coming back strong.

13. GreatDeceiver

Exactly. He's obviously been down but it's not like he wanted this shit to happen.

14. friedrice

friedrice New Member

I like him and hope he makes a comeback. I have talked to him a few times in PM's on myspace and he is a really nice guy. I for one will be rooting for him.