Euro, 4WD, Turbo and it'll beat any of your M3's...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Redline Racer, May 19, 2003.

1. Redline Racer

Redline Racer Subaru Tecnica International

... off-road that is :bigthumb:

Spent yesterday off-roading in my parents in their Land Rover Defender 90, and it's made me think about selling the Polo and buying one as a second-car.
    This was at a big Land Rover meeting on a private estate, which had a purpose built off-road course, and I'd forgotten just what the Defender was capable of in near standard setup. The only non-stock items are the BF Goodrich tyres, that are bigger but not that great in mud.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. curiousgeorgeM3

curiousgeorgeM3 naughty little monkey

3. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Very cool :bigthumb:

4. Redline Racer

Redline Racer Subaru Tecnica International

Wow, some of the suspension and wheel/tyre combos on there border on the insane:big grin: Shame that my parents Defender seems to spend more time on-road than off it.

Personally I want to build an ultimate on-road Defender pickup. Install a 5.2litre Rover V8 (V8 Engines.com), convert it to RWD and then destroy any boy-racer at the traffic lights.

The closest anyones got to this are the likes of JE Engineering and Overfinch.

I still can't believe the residuals on NAS-spec Defenders are still so strong. I know the new price was expensive, but I didnt expect they would hold so much value for so long.

Then again residuals over here are just as bad. Some of the second-hand ones I was looking at yesterday were asking around £6-7K for 10year old base-spec pickups that had led hard and abused lives on farms!

5. T-T

T-T Born Into Retirement

Rovers rule, simply put. Haven't seen to a trail in a while with it. Giving it away in a week too (lease is ending). Ah shucks.