Etronics.com good site?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lateralus, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

Looking at some JBL amps on there, are they a pretty reputable company? How are their warranties and what not?

2. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

no warranty

3. NevaTrustWhitey

NevaTrustWhitey New Member

i bought a yamaha receiver from there, and yes, i got a warranty, 3 years. fast shipping.

4. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

call yamaha see what kind of warranty they offer ;)

i can make a web site that tranships and tell you that it comes with a ferrari if it breaks doesnt mean youll get it

its just text

5. Loopy

Loopy What do you think happens when you get too far fro

I ordered a Pioneer DEQ-9200 from them last year. It sounded like shit to the point that I figured it had to be defective. They cross shipped a new unit with me, did not charge me for shipping, and reimbursed me for my shipping charge. The other one also sounded like shit in the same way, so I sent it back too. Again, they reimbursed me for the shipping and gave me a full refund.

I may have just lucked out and gotten a good customer service representative, but my experience with them was very positive and I would definitely shop there again.

This may come as a shock to you, but some people believe in America and the free market system and do not wish to give their hard earned money to businesses that practice price fixing.

6. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

its not price fixing .. you people go to stores and WASTE the stores money and time.. You think its free to run a store? FUCKING HELL NO.. it costs alot of money to run the store how the hell are they supposed to pay the bills and employees making 10% profit? its IMPOSSIBLE. Profit is a product of sales. So price fixing what about soda at the gas station or restraunt... on avg is 1.00-1.75 yet it cost then less than a penny to make a cup of it.. For the price 1 customer pays for a cup of coffee they pay for POTS of coffee that are made all day. Point is profit is needed for show rooms. If you people want to buy online thast fine but DONT STEP A SINGLE FOOT INTO A STORE AND WASTE THEIR TIME.

7. pooshda

pooshda Guest

E-tronics is good, I bought a lot of stuff from them... very prompt service, shipping, and I have never recieved any products that seemed to be in anything but perfect condition... I ordered a Pioneer in dash DVD/widescreen reciever, Precision power amplifier, IKP components, IK coaxials, and something else...

I agree LOUDSYSTEM too though, they can charge a lot less because they dont have a retail outfit to maintain, salesman to pay and give commission to, and basically all the overhead a non-virtual business would have. All they need is a big storage facility to hold the products, beyond that its pretty much a virtual store, all sales done through the web = lots of saved money = much lower prices = a lot of customers to keep them in business.

8. Loopy

Loopy What do you think happens when you get too far fro

When did I say anything about going into a store? I don't go into stores or waste anyone's time. There is no product information in a store that can't be found online or by contacting the manufacturer.

Considering that an "authorized" dealer is nothing but someone who agrees to sell a product at the manufacturers suggested price, yes, it is very much price fixing. Since manufacturers can't legally force businesses who won't agree to their price fixing schemes to stop selling the products, they just refuse to offer warranty service on THE EXACT SAME PRODUCTS.

Honestly, I don't care what it costs to run a store. I don't have to. I'm the customer, and I'm going to find the best price. That's what the free market is about. If you can't compete, then you can't compete. That's your problem. Anyone who tries to keep prices higher than they should be can go to hell. You're not getting a dime out of me, ever.

9. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

btw im an authorized dealer for many companys heres a news flash for you about your whole price fixing dream

THERE ISNT ONE.. The only thing you agree too is that you dont ADVERTISE a price below a certain amount.. i have never signed a contract that says i have to sell for a certain amount :rolleyes:

The reason they make you agree to the advertising is so you dont steal all of another stores business.. Companys dont pick favorites they want all of their dealers to survive.. and as far as finding info online.. How would you go and demo speakers? Just curious :) what about demoing the picture of a tv and dvd player ;)

just curious :o

10. LtBlade

LtBlade Kill Bingo Players!

Ordered an Alpine Amp from there. They said it would ship in 1-2 days, but its been 9 days and they still have yet to ship it.