ephedra + other supplement?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Perfect Speed, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perfect Speed

Perfect Speed OT Supporter

Basically I'd like to do a jump start in a way.
    I'm going to get back into the gym this month after a while out of it (due to time and a minor injury)...
    I've gained back weight that is unwanted from not working out and bad eating habits etc.
    I'd like to go back on ephedra (used it before with good results and no adverse effects - start with 12.5mg a day and work to 25mg - will probably use it with green tea extract), however I know I'm not gonna change my eating habits overnight (because let's face it - you can't change everything at once - if you try to, it usually doesn't work), so I'd like to take something else to work on the fat.
    I've seen stuff like Alli and the like, I was considering using that with the ephedra and was wondering if it was safe. I wouldn't be using it forever, but I'd like to use it for the first month or so as I work out and start to change the bad eating habits to better habits.
    Thanks F&N

*edit* ephedrine not ephedra

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  2. ralyks

ralyks New Member

There's a big dosages difference between ephedra and ephedrine. At 12.5mg/25mg, you're probably referring to ephedrine.

Just IMO but don't use stims your first few months of working out. You're fresh, you'll make progress either way, but it's easy to become reliant on stims for motivation to work out. You don't need to "jump start" anything if you haven't worked out in a long time, you will make good gains regardless. Leave it for later when you actually need some help pushing through a sticking point.

3. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

This. I would work out/eat right first. Don't jump back on stims just because they have helped you in the past. Get back in the gym and get some results. When you plateau, then get back on them if you need them. They aren't a substitute for not eating right and most likely you aren't going to see nearly the results you want anyway

4. Perfect Speed

edited my post.
    I only took a couple months off so I wouldn't say it's been a "long time".
    I know my limits for the most part, I don't rely on stims etc.
    I was just primarily concerned with the interactions between the chemicals/drugs

5. ralyks

ralyks New Member

It's a stimulant, use common sense. Mixing two is probably a bad idea, mixing it with a depressant is probably a bad idea. Make sure you drink enough water.

A couple months is a "long time". If I took a couple months off I would lose most of what I have put on in the past 5 years. True story. My point was you'll make gains anyways and don't use stims like a pussy.

It's like using straps and a belt to deadlift 135. lulz4real

6. Perfect Speed

Alli isn't a depressant last time I checked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.