GUN EOTech 552 chinese knockoff for under $40, lol

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by P-chan, Jan 17, 2010.

1. P-chan

P-chan New Member

2. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

It fucking infuriates me how the Chinese have total disregard not only for western business ethics but also intellectual property laws & copyrights.

Fuck whoever is selling that shit. :madfawk:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  3. smartypants

smartypants New Member

FWIW Dealextreme fucked me out of 20 bucks. Fuck em

4. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I ordered something from them over a year ago, got shipping notification last week.

5. Jake!

Jake! Guest

did you file a paypal complaint?

6. Jake!

Jake! Guest

I'm tempted to buy one and put it on a new hi-point 409.... they would arrive at about the same time :mamoru:

7. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I honestly forgot I had ordered it.

8. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

that's brazen

they even have the LEO/mil only tags and the laser class 1 warning!

9. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

ive ordered 5 things from them over the years and everything has been great (flashlights and an iPhone cable). i'm curious to what the reticle/dot/hairs look on this.

10. Jake!

Jake! Guest

supposedly this is the same one:
    [y]zV-YU96gvDY[/y]

11. Willie J

Willie J New Member

check this site out. http://218.246.34.189/airsoft/home.action
    i ordered a 3x magnifier and its pretty solid, but the eye relief blows, so i dont use it. some ar15.com members have bought and tested various fake ACOGs and EoTechs, with reports of holding zero nicely.

....but i agree that its bullshit that the chinese blatantly rip everyone off. my magnifier came with a "larue" mount complete with logo of texas and model number. but saying that i cant understand who larue charges $120 for a mount that can be made for ~$20

12. P-chan

P-chan New Member

I've ordered all kind of stuff from DX and never had an issue, except last week I get a package in the mail from DX, but I didn't order anything. Turns out it was a part for my iphone that I ordered LAST JANUARY :rofl: The iphone started working again after I had placed the order for the $2 part, so I completely forgot about it before it arrived last week.

13. P-chan

P-chan New Member

I agree with you on the point of IP and copyrights, but it also infuriates me that EOTech is charging $500 for a device that costs MUCH less than ~$40 to make. Sure they have to recoup R&D (which our military likely paid for) and marketing costs, but the profit margins are a little silly.

14. smartypants

smartypants New Member

I was used to them taking forever to ship so when I filed a paypal complaint my time window had elapsed. Fuck em.

15. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Sort of tempting.

I wonder how close it is to my real eotech.

16. BLH

BLH Member

You have R&D costs, machine costs, tooling costs, marketing costs, peoples salaries to pay, building overhead, etc. Making shit isn't cheap.

17. Fireball

Fireball OT Supporter

I ordered the fakeCOG from them and will be interesting to see how it works. It's only going on my AR 22 conv rifle, so if it is even slightly accurate, it will be worth it.

Funny how it has the Trijicon logos and everything on it.

18. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

keep us updated and take pictures of it when it comes in

19. no7fish

no7fish New Member

Fixed

I ordered a bike light from DX and it took almost 3 months to get I think. When I got it I was pleased, it's a nice piece of work, but it did take freakin forever.

I agree though, they can make replicas or whatever but any exact reproduction should get a lawsuit slapped on it.

20. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

You say "recoup R&D" like those years of spending money to pay engineers, buy materials, fabricate prototypes and test them under various conditions often with terminal effects to the products, all the while taking in no money from the end product is sort of like swinging by your bud's house on the way to the bar to pick up that $5 he owes you or paying to have a company here that speaks English as a primary language to warranty your purchase isn't worth anything. :rofl:

21. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Would love to hear any of you guys muse on how exactly you KNOW what the manufacturing costs of these particular products are. Also, frost the cake by going ahead and stating what YOU think should be viable profit margins for that company to run under. Then go ahead and try and pull a trifecta and drop some business advice on product manufacturing as a business venture.

Seriously. I want to know.

22. Keesh

Keesh New Member

You seriously believe that it costs Eotech much less that $40 to make one of those? CNCs are not cheap to run, neither are engineers. Chinese knock-offs are not equal to the real deal.

23. Fireball

Fireball OT Supporter

Your right, they're not.

They are about 85% of the real deal though.

And when it's not on something that my life may depend on (in this case, a dedicated AR .22), 85% is plenty good enough to save $960.

24. P-chan

P-chan New Member

Current production? Sure, EOTech probably has their manufacturing costs down below $40 by now. I know Chinese knockoffs arent' the real deal, and if I were building a real fighting rifle, I would never put one of these POS potmetal optics on it. However, for a "fun" gun, there's also no fucking way I'm paying $500 for the real deal to mount on a 10/22 or whatever :rofl:

Oh, and I understand CNCs and engineering isn't cheap, but consider that EOTech is selling these things by the truckload to the US military. Their consumer business is probably in the single-digit percentile. :dunno:

25. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

I've bought a few things from dealextreme on a few different occasions, and havent had any problems. I've always paid for the air mail shipping or whatever though.