SRS Entering a new relationship

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ridonkulous1, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Ridonkulous1

Ridonkulous1 New Member

I just started a relationship with this really awesome girl. She's beautiful, smart, loves sarcasm almost as much as I do, and is just generally fun to be around. I've been friends with her for a pretty long time now (a year and change) and there had always been an underlying tension between us.

The catch is that one of her best friends (one of my best friends too) used to (and probably still does) have feelings for me. I never even entertained the thought of going out with her friend but she maintained that I led her on, and that became the generally accepted history. She is extremely hurt and bitter that we're going out. Now, when I'm with my girlfriend and I see her friends (who are practically always around), I don't know what to do around her. Everyone has tried to paint us to be these horrible people and I know its hard on her. Do you think I should be touchy feely (holding her hand, arm around her, etc.)? Should I just try to avoid those situations? Also, do you think it was wrong of me to pursue my current girlfriend, when I knew how badly her friend would hurt?

Thank you. And yeah, as you could probably tell I'm 18 and still in high school.

2. CreditMVP

CreditMVP Dr. Johnny Fever

i think you should avoid those people altogether because they sound to me people who just live off drama. they will always be talking about you and will convince others to think about you the same way they think. try spending alone time with your girlfriend. dont let other people get in between you guys and try to sway your opinion on this whole matter.