MIL Enlisting w/o citizenship or green card

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by alki, Mar 31, 2009.

1. alki

alki New Member

Is it possible to join the US Marines without a US citizenship or green card? I'm keen on enlisting, but I don't know if I would ever get a chance to do so. Back when I was attending university, I've been to the recruitment office to talk about enlisting. Unfortunately my request was turned down and that was before Sept 11th.

I've tried to volunteer again after that, and again they said no.

So here I am, with the maximum age requirement just around the corner, hoping for a window of opportunity. Perhaps there has been a change of recruitment policy, I don't know. But I do know that I'll keep trying until age catches up.

Oh if it helps, I have relatives who are US citizens. I don't know if that will help with immigration laws or the enlisting requirements. We'll see.

2. teabagn

teabagn New Member

Why don't you have Residency or a green card?

3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

At a minimum you have to be in the country legally. I don't know if a student visa qualifies for enlistment or not. But I do know that a green card works.

4. G.I.RINE

G.I.RINE New Member

had a guy in bootcamp who could only speak about 50 words in english and I dont think he had a green card. he was a piece of shit though

5. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

No, and don't try to enlist fraudulently either.

Now I know the Army will take legal residents that can't speak a lick of English and accept them. Send them to Monterrey to learn English at their linguistics school, then send them off to bootcamp.

6. alki

alki New Member

The last time I was in the US was when I attended Iowa State, with a F1 student visa. Personally, I don't see how English can be a problem to me since it's my native language. And no, I don't plan on entering the States illegally. I just want to do it right. :)

7. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Until you apply for citizenship or legal residency, you can't enlist.