GUN Enlisted in the Army

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by gtcrispy, Apr 13, 2004.

1. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

Today guys I signed an 18x Special Forces recruit contract. What I wrote on another board so you guys can see what I got..

It was quite the long day waking up at 4am. Anyhow passed through the physical no problem. Began the talk with the counselor. Told him I wanted nothing less then 11x w/ABN. I was also told at the time that the 18x program was also pretty much filled up. Once I made it clear that I could wait and DEP because of college it allowed them to look out a little more. Started working up the chain of command trying to find me an ABN spot. Eventually it came down to 3 or 4 different people up the chain that getting ABN guaranteed on a contract was not going to happen. Same for option 40 which is RIP. They did find an 18x spot which I took. Ship 20040708. 5yr enlistment with a $7k cash bonus and automatic E-3 pay grade as long as my Security clearance clears and I complete the necessary pre-basic requirements.

What I'm looking for in the Army is a change in life as well as the physical and mental challenge which the 18x Special Forces Recruit program will certainly bring with it. I have many people praying for me and plenty who believe I can do it. It all comes down to me. I'm certainly going to try and be in the best possible shape I can be in before I leave for basic training. Going to be borring my recruiter's rucksack so I can begin getting out there and rucking. One of the crucial parts of training. That also combined with running, weight lifting, swimming etc.

2. Jago

Jago It helps if you hit it.

translation?

3. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

I've been training for 6 days a week for the last year, its hell basically.
    just let me tell you a few things.

Nothing prepares you for combat.
    Nothing should shock you about killing people.

Do your job like you want the guy next to you to.
    You dont have to kill everyone

and nobodys going to pull your face out of the mud besides yourself.

its not that bad. you get bigger and tougher! ;)

4. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

thats very cool. what mos are you hoping to get? even if you wash out of the 18x program, you still get to be an airborne infantryman :bigthumb:

5. Mitch'SS

Mitch'SS New Member

They have PJ and CCT :big grin:

6. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

Yeah they say PJ's have the highest washout rate of any special ops force. Those guys are nucking futs. Little to no time between planning and execution of missions, must operate in absolutely all conditions and environments. Yeah, if I knew I had the ability to do it. I would try out for PJs

7. Mitch'SS

Mitch'SS New Member

Out of 96 that tried out when I was in, I was only one of 4 that actually made it through the INDOC course. Then within about a year I had a bad tendon tear. :(

8. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

Good luck with that :)

I'd like to do something like that, but I'm Air Force and I'd rather fly

I'll stick with trying to get my pilot catagorization - F-15 here I come :p

9. ap4war

ap4war Guest

Another Para Rescue wash out, They made me Security Forces. The most boring six years of my life. Un-reversable brain damage caused by to many twelve hour shifts in a retard room(gateshack).

10. Mitch'SS

Mitch'SS New Member

When did you do it?

11. nufankixass

nufankixass Guest

go for delta!!