MIL Enlisted 11b

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BballPlaya420, Aug 8, 2008.

1. family of army/military, colonels, and a general. I signed as an infantry 11b I have a high school diploma no college.

I am 5'8 170lbs in peak shape and am working down my 6 minute miles runs. Other than prepare physically what can I expect from this MOS and can anyone give any additional advice. I do a lot of reading on this subject and would appreciate any additional insight.

I plan on making the military a career and wonder whether enlisting as 11b is a good starting point, I also have hte option of waiting several years and trying ROTC. I don't know what I'm better off doing.

I sometimes question the danger I am putting myself in, IED's leading to deaths every weak it is frightening. Are all infantrymen thinking of this and at leaast slightly concerned when they enlist or am I not cut out.

Do I have any say in where I am deployed or what unit I am placed with. Are there preferred units to deploy? Is it common for an army infantry squad to be sent on a mission in combat with mainly new recruits (no previous combat veterans). Do they send new recruits on more dangerous missions because they are more dispensable?

2. OkiDiver

OkiDiver New Member

i wrote a pretty informative post then saw the rest of your posts. :ugh2:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  3. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

You say you come from a family of army/military, colonels, and a general, but you are asking very basic military questions. Something doesn't compute.

4. lurker#99

lurker#99 New Member

when you ship out?

5. burton564

burton564 New Member

Chances are any unit you will go to, 3/4 of them will have already been over there, if not once but 2 or 3 times.

6. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

the 420 didn't give it away :io:

7. Texasboy

Texasboy OT Supporter

Have fun at Sand Hill and make sure to drink water