Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Girth, Oct 19, 2009.
8 is cool
#7 and #8 are the only ones that say something. I don't feel the rest, you could of done better
i like a few of them... but I think you've definitely had better sets.
any other good ones you didn't post? did you play around with any lighting techniques?
I had my stand, umbrella, and lights... but the wind kept blowing them over. So I ditched that pretty early. Plus, it was in the 60s... so w/ the wind, it wasn't exactly comfortable fo any of us. There's a bunch more I haven't gone through, but this set pretty much represents the day. Some good, some decent, some gone! I'm happy w/ it overall for the situation I was in.
Clarity raised a bit? You can see imperfections too well.
Def seen better from you.
are you insane? you need to process her skin. face and legs.
I like them, just be careful with your sharpening and her skin. A little retouch would do wonders.
7 doesn't work for me either. The way she is sitting between his splayed legs looks awkward.
8 is my favorite.
she looks like she peed herself in #3
now that you mentioned it, it's all I can see when I look at that pic
lol @ pee'd herself, i can't stop thinking about it too.
But damn this set is nice, good job!
i really like 8, im not feelign the others too much. I enjoy the pose and comp on 7, but hate his expression.
IMHO, #4 needs to go, too much distortion on herface and arms. Her Arm looks huuuge.
I like what you were doing in 3, but dont like the way she is standing. I think she should have been facing him more, but the way it looks, is just akward, and clone out that weird shadow, she does look like she is peeing lol
#1 comp is great, but again his pose is good, and i feel she should be looking up at him instead of teh camera.
I like #9, but the colors seem off from teh rest of the set.
Im sure they will love them, these are my opinions, and should be taken lightly. I just notice things.
Women don't like wide angle lenses. Makes them look fat. She'll say "ZOMG my arm looks so fat" when she looks at that one.
her whole body is distorted here, quite unflattering. We expect better from you
Their expressions are opposite in some pics.
Also agree with the wide angle distortion.
Where's the real Girth?
I don't think I'd wanna show #6 to the bride to be.
ok.. here goes...
1. nice shot... only "downside" is she looks nervous. Might have like to she her head turned down and towards him just a little, with her eyes looking at you
2. cropping at joints =
3. like to see less negative space on the left, to crop out the two white poles, they're a little distracting
4. bad use of WA... makes her head look small, and her arm look huge.
5. fun shot... seems to be getting popular
6. do a little clean up and this is a great shot
7. best of the set IMO. if I had to nit, I'd try to see if you could bring back a little detail in his shirt.
8. crop to portrait to get rid of the manhole cover
9. technically a great shot... just not a fan of how he's clutching her arm.. kind of makes it look like he's forcefully holding her there
^what he said
That's the kind of stuff I like to read. I knew I could count on you, thanks.
I like 2, 5, 8, and 7 (if guy had a better expression). I was looking forward to some 1 light action
Way too windy yesterday. Had my light stand, light and UMbrella, but I had to ditch because they were knocking over quite often. I'll be practicing that on the wife and more subjects in the next week or two. I have another shoot coming up on Halloween. I'll find a way to use it then for sure.