LGBT Engagement ideas

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by wrwarwick, Nov 5, 2008.

1. wrwarwick

wrwarwick OT Supporter

So sometime in the next year or so I plan on proposing to my BF. We have already been together two years, and I plan on being engaged atleast another year before we get 'married' (even though it is not legal/etc we can still have the ceremony/same meaning!).

I am trying to think what could make a good engagement ring like thing/wedding band thing. The problem is if he wheres a ring people will ask who his wife is etc and he is not very out, and he cannot be out at work (ultra conservative christian non-profit).

I was thinking maybe a bracelet, but those get caught on things easy etc. I was also thinking a really nice watch like a citizen or something. I want whatever it is to last our lifetime and I also can't get him a watch for an engagement and wedding.

So, suggestions?

2. camarosrool

camarosrool yes i am

thats a tuffy

id still want a ring lol

id just dodge questions

3. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

stubby and I have been looking at wedding bands... there are some beautiful rings out there.

I love that idea.

4. xela

xela So say we all!

What about getting him a ring and when he goes to work he can wear it on a chain?

5. Josey

Josey New Member

I wear a ring on my "Wedding" finger all the time...I never get any questions....

6. That's cute, congrats. :) Dunno about the whole going to work thing though. :( Maybe the necklace idea but I think it would be depressing to take it on/off everyday as you step into work just to hide who you really are. That is just me though.

I was thinking of this as I went to bed last night. :o I want to exchange rings. :) Nothing serious but something to show our love for each other. A "love ring"....if such thing exists...if not I just created it. :)

7. Bib-Lettuce

Bib-Lettuce New Member

8. wrwarwick

wrwarwick OT Supporter

I was thinking I might do this and get him a watch or something for engagement.

9. 2500

2500 Guest

My BF and I gave each other "love rings" almost 2 years ago, and I don't think I've been asked about my "wife" ever. Most people won't say "Whos your wife?" Thats just weird. I think the closest thing I've gotten was "Are you married?" And I said "Oh, no, I'm engaged." And then they say "How long have you been together" "When is the wedding planned." etc.... Just avoid the "whats her name" question" lol.

10. wrwarwick

wrwarwick OT Supporter

Well he works in a very small department and is very friendly with his coworkers, so they would notice a wedding band on his finger all the sudden.

11. I think the necklace idea sounds good since he has to keep it on the down low.

12. audrey

audrey New Member

Get the ring and he can tell his nosey workmates to mind their own business!