A&P Eneloop alternative

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by wizeguy4, Aug 13, 2008.

1. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

I just wanted to post that Wal Mart sells a Eneloop knocks off made by Kodak. Well they are not knock offs. Kodak makes a low discharge NiMH battery also. They dont hold the charge for as long as Eneloop. Eneloop claims 85% of charge after 1 year of storage and Kodak is 70-75%. If you are storing your batteries that long, you are not taking enough pictars.

They are like 50% cheaper than eneloops and you can pick them up right away. I paid 8.44 a 4 pack and they work great so far.

Just thought I would let those know who wanted a cheaper alternative

2. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

do people pay more than ~8 for a 4 pack of eneloops? I bought 10 sets of 4 on clearance at CC a while back for somewhere in the 5/6 range each...

I've had such good experience with the eneloops that i'd have a hard time switching to anything else....

3. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

they are not available here. My only option is to purchase online and after shipping it always averages to about 12 bucks per 4 pack.

4. tetsuo

tetsuo And shepherds we shall be...

i use rayovak hybrid rechargables. they are available locally cheap enough and are 2100mah. from what i've read, they have ~90% of the charge of an eneloop 6 months after being charged. it drops off faster after that, but i'm pretty sure i can handle charging my batteries every 6 months. :o