SRS Endocrinologist's office told me to schedule an appointment in 3 months v. WTF ??

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by EYOB, Dec 5, 2008.

1. EYOB

EYOB Guest

They ran a test on me for Addisons Disease, I got the results in the mail after 4 days. My ACTH levels are within normal range.

They ran this test a little over two weeks ago and told me they would contact me back. So I wait, but they don't call. I called this morning. The front desk lady talked to the nurse, and then the front desk lady told me to schedule an appointment in 3 months. I asked her, why 3 months. What's so significant about 3 months ?? I forgot to ask why they wanted me to schedule an appointment because I was just focused on this long period of time. The front desk lady said she would have the nurse call me back when she is able to. I called them on Monday and they said they would call me back in 24 hours, they never did. I hope they call by today.

I'm trying to figure out if I'm done testing and if I should go back to my referring psychiatrist.

Lab results say 18.2. And then 30 minutes later 21.2. I smoked a cig and got some snacks during that 30 minute period. They said that didn't mater. Those numbers probably don't mean anything to you, they certainly don't mean anything to me.

Anyone know why they would want me to come back in 3 months ?? Holidays ??

EDIT: I just got a call as I was typing this. They said they want to check if the levels are still within normal ranges after 3 months. I was also told I could just contact my shrink and tell him my levels are normal. Now.... I need to find out what happens next. Will the shrink give me a clue or give me the run around?

2. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

why don't you get a second opinion and get tested elsewhere?

even if it costs you extra, it's worth it :dunno:

3. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I just set up an appointment with the psychiatrist for Tuesday. I'll see what happens.

4. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

keep us updated, good luck :hug:

5. EYOB

EYOB Guest

Shrink gave me 20mg of Vyvanse. Wants me to take 1/4 of one capsule tomorrow morning. Might take half. He wants to make sure I don't have heart problems. 20mg is the lowest dose and apparently, children are usually started on 30mg. Now, instead of giving me the run around, I can't tell if he's simply barely giving my meds or if he is genuinely looking out for my health. I guess I'll post more about this tomorrow.

6. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I just took about half of a 20mg capsule about 30 minutes ago. I wonder if I'm supposed to 'feel' a difference, or just hope for a difference. Maybe I don't have enough of the dosage. :dunno:

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

From wikipedia:

8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

i'm not saying that you should take that big of a dose.

Just saying you might be starting with a smaller dose and not feel anything. I don't know anything about that drug. Maybe you have to increase the does slowly.

9. EYOB

EYOB Guest

End of the day and I haven't noticed shit. Bout to sleep. Gonna take the whole capsule tomorrow. Probably gonna talk to a PCP to see if there is any health damage to my body from taking this in larger doses than 20mg. Currently I don't have a PCP. I will seek one tomorrow.

If I don't feel anything in a week of taking this, forget waiting a month, I'm gonna call back and tell em it aint doing squat. If they give me the run around I may look for another shrink.

10. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

Tell your therapist. Maybe you're supposed to ease your body into it, regardless of whether you feel anything on the early doses.

11. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

:hs:

I know what you mean

12. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I just set up an appointment with a PCP (for my first time). Gonna go now....