End of my days as a bachlor ..........

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Solus Emsu, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Solus Emsu

Solus Emsu ****** U N R A T E D ! ****** -----THAT'S HOW I RO

I know. I sold out. I got engaged.
    Yes...Me. I did it. I popped the question.
    But I love her, and I am very happy with her.

I just wanna know if anyone that is married has any advice for me or words of wisdom before I tie the knot.

Thanks.

2. rengo

rengo Are you ready to rock, BK broiler!?

holy crap...did this come about because of the 'experiment'?? :mamoru:

anyway, congrats. :bigthumb:

3. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

Congrats man, wish you two many hours, days, years, decades and lifetime of happiness.

4. RichieZero

RichieZero All I got in this world, is my balls, and my word. OT Supporter

Congrats, but, um, didn't you just make your return to "the game" like a month ago?

5. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

what the hell? :ugh:

6. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

I am a fan of long engagements. It will give you time to rethink this before all of your bills get doubled. It is cheaper to get married than it is to get divorced IMO.

Love does not hold a marriage together on its own.

here are some real serious words or wisdom for you - enjoy the sex now. and get as much as you can

take many photos of what she looks like now and destroy all current pics of yourself, you will need these later on.

congrats anyway

and yes I am married.

7. Solus Emsu

No, this is a different girl

8. lebomb

lebomb New Member

You are going to have to really work on your marriage........its alot different than dating believe me. My first marriage didnt work out, and Im on my second and last marriage. I learned alot from my first go around and I have eliminated all the things that helped destroy my first marriage. I work on this one much harder also.

Good luck and god bless you two till death do you part.

9. Solus Emsu

Hehe, yeah, well, kinda.

We just got into a fight. I thought she might have cheated on me because of the night she came home at 2:30 in the morning crying after going out with the girls saying she loved me and didn't want to lose me. I told her to tell me what was up, she wouldn't. So, we spent about 48 hours not talking, then she came out an told me that she was dancing with this guy all night and he was buying her drinks all night and she felt bad about that.
    I was like, "is that all? I was thinking you cheated on me."

So we made up and things have been great.

10. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater New Member

Congrats! :bigthumb:

I don't really have any advice for you since I've never been married, but let me just say good luck!

11. Solus Emsu

12. kai-li

kai-li New Member

Congratulations!

My only advice is for both of you to sit down with your life goals and make sure they are compatible.

We didn't do that... and it didn't work because he changed his interest at B-school and I decided not to finish law school at the same school he was at. There were a few more things... but all in all make sure you both want to go in the same direction. At least we found out 6 months into it... and it was very amicable

13. BedBunny

BedBunny Guest

if you love her, and you got engaged, i don't call this selling out.
    change that attitude, k? ;)

14. Jid18t

Jid18t Guest

Well I have been engaged for over a year and have less then 4 months till my wedding! Things change the closer you get and you are more then likely going to get into fits over stupid stuff, we have been. everyone will tell you the time just goes by, trst me it does. we had a long engagement to help plan and thank God we did that! make sure the guy planning your Bachelor Party is not going to pus out on it either.

15. Trblmkr

Trblmkr Tap that Ass

with someone that just recently had their 20th Wedding Anniversary I'll give you the some of the most important information you'll ever need for a marriage.

COMMUNICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You and your wife have to be able to discuss things like mature rational adults. This doesn't mean yelling and screaming at each other. If there is something that she has done and you're really pissed about it. No matter what she is saying, just be calm and say "can we discuss this later" Don't argue about it, because you can't reason with a person that's running on pure emotions.

If you're the one that's pissed, about something. Wait until you can calm down and discuss it with her, again CALM and rational. If you come in cussing and yelling and screaming, she'll get defensive and start yelling and screaming back at you. Simple tell her, I would like to have a discussion with you later about such and such, but I can't right now because I'm too upset.

Another thing... COMPROMISE!!!!!!!

In a marriage you're going to have to make compromises... on everything.. where to eat, what kind of house, car, washing machine etc.. This is in no way to say you are whipped or a push over. It just means you are willing to WORK on your marriage. And believe me, it's a lot of work. I can't tell you how many times I would have to Compromise with my wife so that BOTH of us are happy. If just one of you are happy and the other is miserable, then you can bet the happy one, won't be happy for very long. And women have a way of brining things from way back when to throw back at you.

I see it as a good thing that she felt guilty for dancing with another man. It means that she's aware of her feelings for you and that she wants to do good bye you. Less chance of her having an affair or something like that if she's committed to the relationship. She sounds like a keeper for sure.

Again Congrats on the marriage.. I hope you two have a long and healthy marriage...

If you have any other questions... feel free to PM me :)

16. weakone

weakone New Member

Congrats! :)

17. Ubisquo

Ubisquo New Member

Jesus man, i read every page of the experiment..

Congrats, wish the both of you amazing lives together. :)

18. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: i can't believe my eyes! whaaat? are you telling me that my TWIN of the opposite sex is getting married?? :eek3: what?? nooo, it can't be true! ;)

congrats, babe... :mamoru: though i don't think i'll be in the same boat (at least anytime soon), i wish you two the best! i know she's a very lucky girl because of our similar thoughts and feelings on issues ;).

19. Solus Emsu

:hsugh:
    Yes I am.

Believe it or not, of all the posts on here, yours actually meant something to me.

Thank you.

20. Solus Emsu

The plan is to get some time off in June and then fly back home from Jacksonville to get married in Kansas City, then move her back out to Florida with me for the rest of my enlistment term.

Thanks again to everyone for the congrats and the advice. :bigthumb:
    I owe you all one.

21. David02

David02 Guest

Right there with ya man... 2 more weeks of freedom before I pop the question.

22. Solus Emsu

:rofl:

If only you knew.

23. Solus Emsu

Ok. Thanks.

And I have the best man already on it. Actually, 3 guys planning my bachlor party.
    So I am not worried about that. :big grin:

24. Solus Emsu

GOOD LUCK !!!!! :x:

25. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

Now that you're engaged, you have to realize that there are going to be three entities in your relationship for a while. You, your fiancee and the wedding. Yep, the wedding takes on a personality of its own. If you can get through that, it's a good indication you have what it takes to be married.

Also, realize that the first year is going to be the toughest. I'm not completely sure why that is, but it is.

Also ignore the people who tell you never to go to bed angry with each other. That's a load of horse crap. And don't argue after 11 pm. Beleive me, those long drawn out arguements always wind up in discussions of breaking up with tears and yelling and lots of bad feeling. If you can keep your wits about you, realize that a strategic retreat to regroup and rethink is actually better for the relationship. Going to your separate corners for a while or sleeping on it can actually give you the recharge you need to be rational. Half the time I'd argue with hubby and think we were going to split up, only to wake up the next morning with a "What the hell was that all about?" attitude. When you're tired, you make mountains out of molehills.

If you wind up in the doghouse, don't worry at first if you deserve to be there or what did you do or what bug crawled up her butt. Soothe the savage beast with flowers or chocolate or both. Once she takes her defenses down, then you can get to the bottom of what the real problem is. And clue your spouse into what your chocolate equivalent is, so she can do that same for you.

Recognize that you are going to take things out on her and she is going to take things out on you, not because you take each other for granted, but because the other person is SAFE, when the rest of the world isn't. Recognize the dynamic for what it is, be thankful for your spouse, apologize and then move on to identifying what is really bugging you.