Emptying itmes from trash can...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by antiyou, Mar 6, 2006.

1. antiyou

antiyou OT Supporter

Is it possible to delete only specific items in the trashcan? I read about a program 'Compost' that allows the functionality, but thought perhaps there was another way. Any ideas?

2. urban ape

urban ape take that take that take that

why would there be items in your trash can that you wouldn't want to delete? if it's in the trashcan its generally there for a reason.....

3. Braco

Braco It's chess moves, not checkers baby OT Supporter

just pull out all the items u have in the trash can real quick onto the desktop and then delete the ones u want to delete all the way , and then delete the ones on the desktop so they just sit in the trash can..... kinda weird. u can make a FOLDER and put the files in it... its same thing

4. antiyou

antiyou OT Supporter

Are you asking because you want to know or because you think you are providing some sort of clever solution by stating that I should simply delete everything in the trashcan? :rolleyes:

5. colosodian

colosodian Next Gen

Everything I put in the trash can is to delete. I have a folder on my desktop called "junk" where I throw stuff that I might want to save, but will probably end up deleting eventually.

6. urban ape

urban ape take that take that take that

i was serious. why would you put something in the trashcan if it wasnt trash?

don't roll your eyes at me, i'm not the only person in this thread who thought it sounded a little odd.

7. Inferno

Inferno New Member

yeah uhh why do you wanna do that? :hsugh:

anyways, its probably been stated, but just copy it, paste it to desktop, empty recycle bin, put back in recycle bin from desktop

8. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

dude, you really need to check your attitude. this is a very odd question in the fact that if you have items in your trash can, this normally means you don't want it anymore. I can understand your reasoning for wanting to get rid of a couple items instead of all of them, but that can easily be fixed by creating a "junk" folder like what was mentioned earlier and only putting those items that will be emptied into the trash can then emptying it.