Eminem

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by American SuperBeast, Feb 11, 2006.

1. American SuperBeast

American SuperBeast New Member

What do you think of Eminem and his music because i am a personal fan but i am wondering what OT thinks of him

2. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

I love his music, its original and it isnt afraid to say what he feels. But his earlier work is better than what he has put out lately.

3. whitesox

whitesox New Member

Infinate is the only decent thing hes written, other than that i cant stand him

4. Kcomps

Kcomps New Member

:werd: took the words right out of my mouth.

5. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

with the exception of mosh and especially his latest song, when i'm gone, which is v. v. good, just as from the heart and clever as the previous work he's done.

6. Tk

Tk Well-Known Member

his earlier shit was great, i dont, and will not, listen to anything as of recent

7. JoeyD.

JoeyD. New Member

See I HATE rap and all that shit with a passion.....no talent required.....Eminem's earlier stuff was VERY catchy, VERY lyrically emotional and good, and used incredible rhyme schemes....I LOVED IT!!! He was the only rap I listened to then he DUN DUN DUN SOLD THE FUCK OUT!! His lyrics were violent buy made points if you listen closely.....now hes like an emo kid rapping.....its like too serious for rap.....his image is overhyped and hes overhyped.....pretty sweet he did a show with Manson tho......

8. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

I really wouldnt say that he sold out. I think he just grew up a little bit and got more mature so his music has changed along with him. He stills seems to put feeling in his music and does what he wants with it. It is when you allow the record company to have a majority of the creative control of your music that you become a sell out.

9. JoeyD.

JoeyD. New Member

agreeable but didnt you know the cd he came back into the mainstream with(guess whose back, back again song) they told him that they wouldnt play his shit on the radio and mtv if he didnt calm down the lyrics he says so himself in alot of his songs......that IS selling out....

10. USB

USB New Member

i love all of his music, its kick ass

11. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

Itll be sad to see him go

12. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

i like his earlier work. recently he's gotten a bit "emo" in his tracks and i don't think it's a good application of his talent. :hs:

13. kwality

kwality OT Supporter

He used to be a tight lyricist but not anymore. I understand that peoples styles change as they "mature" but he doesnt seem to have all the metphors and punchlines as he used too. Of course I havent listened to any of his albums since the Marshall Mathers LP cuz after that he didnt seem to appeal to me anymore.

14. Martyr

Martyr New Member

Wtf is that supposed to mean?

15. RyanL

RyanL OT Supporter

he was good before, some of it was awesome, the newer stuff just sucks

16. Dave_54

Dave_54 New Member

i think eminem was his best in forgot about dre

17. danger99

danger99 New Member

Eminem is wack just media hype

18. American SuperBeast

American SuperBeast New Member

ok kinda old thread but i had to bring it back and damn do i hav a lot to say

??emo kid rapping?? I have 2 questions. What the hell do you mean by that. He isn't emo but is rapping about real sh*t. Look at the new rappers. I don't even know who made the song Grillz but they should be shot. I really don't care who made it actually then. Also what the fuck is the matter with being emo. Yea i listen to rap only actually eminem only but i am emo and i admit it because some people don't admit if they are emo or Goth. Too serious for rap no i dont think so. Yea his old shit was really violent but that was because that is how he was thinking then but now he yes matured and also his rap isnt as violent because he is still rapping about real shit and what he is thinking. his image overhyped.... fu*kin dumbas its not his image that makes him still popular but it is his rapping. I have seen people who normally hate rap but then listen to his new stuff and like it.

He has 3 different styles Angry, funny and deep/serious. All styles are good and yes he is getting more deep and funny than angry but thats how people are.People change he did but not even that much but i guess to some people that will mean ""oh shit he changed,,, now i can only listen to his old shit or none at all.""
    LEARN PEOPLE

19. retort

retort New Member

i've liked Eminem since i first heard Brain Damage in grade 8 one day. sure, his older stuff has more meaning and sounds better, but what i really like is that he makes it seem so easy in his later albums. it's like he was told that he has a quota to fill on his cd and he's just like 'alright, this is stupid but it's going on the album because it has to'. i'm particularly thinking of the song fack on curtain call.. it's such a stupid song but the actual rhyming is still awesome.

20. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

Hes the best lyricist of our time in my opinion.

21. adelacruz

adelacruz New Member

i dont like his "funny songs" i like shit like renegade and cleaning out my closet real lyrics.

22. scaryice

scaryice New Member

I agree, the serious songs are better. I enjoy the funny songs, but a few years later it's just not the same hearing references about Chris Kirkpatrick and Tom Green.

23. drpepperbandit

drpepperbandit "You can't find the right answer if you ask the wr

hes awsome, 'when i'm gone' is amazing. 'hailies song' is his best older song. as well as 'kim' and 'amityville'

24. specialkz

specialkz New Member

great lyrical skills but a little too commercial i think.

my fave white rapper of the moment is def. paul wall. sick flow and more underground than EM

25. React3

React3 Damn! I'm so Posh, like Dave Beckham..

See I hate when people say shit like "he's to commerical" He's gotta eat too he's got a family to feed he's got bills..How do you expect to pay for all that shit if you wanna "keep it real" or "stay underground" doing some bullshit DJ mix tape shit. That shit ain't worth it.. You see Em is a lyrical genius we all know that he has amazing talent so it's not like he's P. Diddy that has no true lyrical talent. Diddy is way too commerical but thats how he survives and he has to be that way cause of all the other things he's involved in ie. restaurants, clothes, cologne, and etc.