WEB Embedding font and the troubles of doing so

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DrKillByDeath, Feb 10, 2010.

1. DrKillByDeath

DrKillByDeath New Member

I'm getting a lot of complaints that my website isn't displaying properly for some people, and after doing some investigation it turns out I'm using fonts on the site that aren't so widely used.

I don't want to have to go and pick a different font because I'm kinda set on the look of the site and there's a lot of flash elements that also use the font and I don't wanna have to go and change up all the flash files.

I've been looking into embedding fonts into websites, I understand that might not solve the flash issue and that I might have to edit them all anyway to embed the characters in the swf files, but for the rest of the site embedding seems to be my best option.

From what I understand there's an application called Microsoft WEFT that will take the fonts you want to embed and render something called an .EOT file that I can just upload to my page, then add a CSS line that defines the font and sources the .EOT file.

Well its not working.

the site is http://www.balnir.com

Please ignore the god awful programming as I'm not a web designer/developer. I'm just a guy who can figure shit out.

I just can't figure out an easy solution to this font issue.

2. Mikenotmike

Mikenotmike

3. Major Tom

Major Tom OT Supporter