SRS Email from the EX she wants to be friends

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TheGetUpkid, Sep 26, 2006.

1. TheGetUpkid

TheGetUpkid New Member

My ex and I broke up about 3 months ago and she is currently studying abroad (which was one the reasons why we broke up). I have been limiting my contact with her but she keeps on emailing, calling, sending me messages on facebook and myspace. The last email she sent me, I replied that I couldnt stay in contact with her because I needed time to get over her. After a month of no contact (I havent been answering her calls or messages) she sends me this:

Hey, I know in the last email you said you wanted time to get over me and I understand that, but it has been really hard not talking to you, I am use to talking to you at least every other day and it has been a month almost since I talked to you. I hope you are doing well, Italy is amazing I am having the time of my life here I am really glad that I choose to come here, it is a really good experience. I hope that you are having a good semester and enjoying it. But I really would love to stay in touch with you, four years is a long time to throw down the drain and I feel that is what you are doing and it really hurts me that you will not write me back on facebook or email or I have tried calling you so many times and you do not answer. But, I guess you have to do what you gotta do and I really would like to continue our friendship and hopefully hang out when I get home, cause I really truly miss you so much. But I guess whatever you want to do is the decision that Ihave to live with, by the way, your new facebook picture is really hot...hopefully i will hear from you soon

I havent decided if Im going to email her back or not. I still have strong feelings for her which is why I dont and cant be friends with her. Should I break contact with her and email her back or just continue ignoring her?

2. Kortiz-DZ

Kortiz-DZ Resident Nigerian Lipper OT Supporter

Fuck that mess.

Did you break up because she decided to go travel or did you break up because of any other reasons too?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  3. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

How long is she there?

4. TheGetUpkid

TheGetUpkid New Member

For other reasons too, but her studying abroad was the main reason I believe. There were problems but she did'nt want to work them out since it would be too hard with her being so far away.

Shes there for the fall semester, so for 3-4 months. She comes back in December

5. *lola*

*lola* New Member

That's what I would like to know also.

How long did she say she was going O/S for? Was she was hoping you would wait for her when she came back?
    The reason I ask, is because, my daughter is about to go O/S to explore England before she gets tied down, and her boyfriend is not keen for her to go, but all I can say is, that if the love is genuine, it should stay intact.
    There was some poster I once read, can't quite remember it, something like, if you love someone, let them go, if they come back, they are meant to be yours, if not, it was never meant to be.

In your case, it sounds like she is willing to keep the communication going, and realizes you are missing her, and hurting, which is why she writes to let you know what is going on. I must give her credit for that, at least she did not ignore you, so I would say she still must care and has feelings for you.

So when is she coming back again from O.S?

6. *lola*

*lola* New Member

oops...you posted before me, and answered all the questions......okay. It sounds as if things might sort themselves out in the next few months. Time will tell. Good luck, hope things work out for you.