SRS email from ex-gf v. asking for a favor

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by zambo, Oct 27, 2006.

1. zambo

zambo OT Supporter

First off it is my first time posting in the asylum, though i am an avid reader and have more often than not used the advise given here in one or another situation in my life.

Background on the ex-gf:
    * were together (living together) about 1.5 yrs
    * i am 24, she is 30
    * break up because she wanted to move back home (germany) and i was just a 24 yr old clueless recent college grad in houston. (she lived in houston on a teacher exchange program)

* i am going to germany to visit college friend in thanksgiving break

so, here is the email
    Asylum, what do i do?

2. Pringles

Pringles New Member

if the break up is stricly based on the fact that you guys didnt want to pursue a long distance relationship then I dont see whats wrong with visiting her, however make it clear you want sex and not dating. B/c at your age you wanna meet new people and explore the world. At least I would.

3. zambo

zambo OT Supporter

Those are my thoughts exactly at this point in my life.
    I had a shitty summer in OKC, but things are looking up bright for me... New Job, new girlSSS, new experiences.:naughty:

4. zambo

zambo OT Supporter

how do i reply to her email?

5. Welsh0913

Welsh0913 OT Supporter

Be truthful with your intentions. Seems like you guys have a pretty ok relationship, there's no reason not to drop by and say hello is there, and maybe get a little on the side. :coold:

6. zambo

zambo OT Supporter

I think getting a little on the side would be devastating for me.
    I am still kinda confused about my feelings for her, but frankly i dont think i can come up with a good excuse not to see her

7. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

:wavey: OKC FTW!
    She prolly had a shitty day as was feeling a bit lonely so she reached out to an old friend/lover....perhaps her current b/f just kicked her to the curb. She may be reminiscing about the old times you all shared. From time to time, we all look back at "the good ole days" and wonder what if.

Just follow your heart....if you want to see her, do it. If you want to sleep with her, why not?? If you don't...don't.

She was a part of your life but you have both moved on but barring some infedelity or some other issues surrounding the breakup, there's no reason to avoid her. In fact, you might find that you miss her also and want to give it another go.

8. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

You posted this why I was posting. :)

Then don't sleep with her. However, there's no need to be scared of having lunch with her...is there?

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Yup. Do what you want to do ftw. If you're confused about what you want, that's something you're going to have to figure out. We can help you analyze the facts, but when it comes to what YOU want, we can't help with that.