Eli Roth's "Hostel"

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Joe_Cool, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

Have you guys seen the previews for this one? It looks good.

For anybody who doesn't know, Roth is the same guy who did Cabin Fever. Like me, he has a deep and meaningful love for horror movies, and for the horror genre. Based on a couple of interviews with him that I've read and Cabin Fever, I'll now see anything that has his name attached to it. The only other people who have that kind of credit with me are John Cusack and George Romero.

Even his trailers are old school, like they used to be back in the 40s and 50s. "At advance screenings, ambulances were called for viewers because they had severe reactions to the movie! :noes:"

:bowdown:

2. Possum Stomper

Possum Stomper The Great Bird of the Galaxy

i thought Cabin Fever was terrible, not the least it scary and too ridiculous for words :dunno:

i don't know if i want to watch people get tortured for an hour and a half, Saw was kind of enough for me at least

still, looks interesting and i did love Saw

3. Sooka

Sooka New Member

I loved Cabin Fever and I'm definately looking forward to this one. The thing that really made me love Cabin Fever were the unique comedic moments such as the pancake kid and the end when the guy who was hiding the whole time gets shot up by the cops.

4. Acesn8s

Acesn8s The Deadman's Hand

I'm still trying to figure out what the plot of Hostel is. I think that's the one thing lacking in the commercials.

5. Justin Niggalake

Justin Niggalake New Member

yeh im amp'd up about hostel too. plus it has quentin tarantino's stamp of approval on it

6. baboymo

baboymo Have you been circumcised?

Maybe I'm the only one but I'm somewhat turned off by the commercials. Can this really be called a horror movie?

7. Acesn8s

Acesn8s The Deadman's Hand

I think it's the best catagory for it. I haven't seen anything in the trailers that make me think it should fall under suspense or thriller (like Silence of the Lambs or Hannibel).

From what I've seen online it looks like Backpackers are lured to a Hostel in some Eastern European country and run into/sold into a slavery/snuff filmesque group.

8. CrimsonVonDoom

CrimsonVonDoom There Cannot be Two Skies OT Supporter

that's actually one of the main reasons I don't want to see it.

9. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

i saw it last night. the first half of the movie is tits and ass then the second half is the bloody part. its not really as bloody as it shows in the preview. i say watch the first part, when they get to blood part walk out.