Electronic CD/DVD Storage?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Alerin, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Alerin

Alerin Ruiner

I'm looking for some sort of electronic CD organizer. I've filled my Case Logic 208CD binder and I need a lot more room still. I've found something close to what I was looking for here, but I was wondering if anyone owns/has seen anything better than this product.

http://www.itechcds.com/dc-300.html

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Are you looking for a better way to manage/find your CD/DVD's?

I use a simple program called CD bank to keep track of my CD's and programs. I scan in every CD before I put it away and it records whats on each CD and I choose a label. When I need to find something, I just look it up in the program.

For DVD's, I use a similar program called Movie Collector. It works the same way and I can easily search for what I have.

BTW, how many CD/DVD's do you have? I noticed that the unit you listed holds 150 of them. Then you have to start chaining them together to get more room. I don't know about you, but I have at least 100 DVD's and 300-ish CD's including music and apps/games.

3. Alerin

Alerin Ruiner

I have way way more than 150 so I would have to chain smaller units, or find something that holds more media, say 1000 discs. I would guess I have around 500 or so DVDs/CDs between my big binder, and what I have on spindles. I don't have a problem organizing or labeling really.. I just want something to have them all centrally located in that I can just push a button and have almost instant access to the media.