Elantra Question

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by psujeeperman02, Jul 17, 2006.

1. psujeeperman02

psujeeperman02 "Hi Sal"

My gf has 2001 Hyundai Elantra. Her turn signals and hazards don’t flash anymore. Assuming it’s the flasher, but none of the local stores carry it. They all say I need to go to the dealer. F that. Any ideas what it could be?

I'm not very automotive savvy, but i dont have a problem pulling out a broken relay and putting a new one in, if that is the case.

2. machine81

machine81 New Member

Do the brake lights turn on when she pushes the pedal?

I had a Buick that had a similar problem once. The brake lights would turn on when I pushed the pedal, but the turn signals wouldn't flash. It was a wiring problem, a relay I think. I took it to my normal mechanic and he played with the wiring for about 2 hours to figure out which one it was. The part was $60 and the labor was $150 or so.

3. niSssEanR

niSssEanR OT Supporter

take it to the dealer, it should be under warrenty still. I work for a hyundai dealer.... humm.. 5 years have been since the car, so close to the 5yr warrenty. The delaer can tell you if it is still warrenty, and if they cover it or not.

4. psujeeperman02

psujeeperman02 "Hi Sal"

What if is not under warranty? Do you guys know where to find the old flasher and install the new one?

btw, i found a site that was selling the flashers. i bought it and it finally arrived yesterday. SO, i just need to know where to install the new flasher.

5. niSssEanR

niSssEanR OT Supporter

Honestly, for the Hyundai, being i work on them all day, i wouldnt buy after market parts. Just spent the little extra and get it from the dealer ship.

Alot of cars that come in, with just little things like yours, heald lights, tail lights, ya know, all get messed up with after market ones. So i suggest just spend the few extra bucks and buy it from the dealership, and MAKE sure you install it right...big key.