Egad can anyone figure out how to edit "Draft" out of this?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Athous, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Athous

Athous New Member

I made this lease in WINair but am too cheap to buy the program and tokens, but I can print it to acrobat where I have the full version and figured I could edit the draft out, problem is I dont know how. The document has no security or restrictions, I just dont know how to get the word "Draft" out of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.dewp.net/wow/fd/upload/vortman.pdf

2. ski

ski New Member

Working on it... hmm.

3. ski

ski New Member

Well, I can't find a way to do it in acrobat 7.0 pro - they won't let you remove it and trying to put a new background over them screws it up.

4. Athous

Athous New Member

Its really weird, Im using 7.0 as well, there has got to be a way to remove it!

5. ski

ski New Member

It's a watermark, and its purpose is so that it cant be removed :hs:

I tried looking on google for a third party option but I ran out of time.

Good Luck :wavey:

6. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

I could do it, but it would literally take me hours to get it done. :hs:

7. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

Don’t cheap out on the software. Developers need to eat too you cheap bastard.

I really hate fucktards like you. You use the software, but don't want to pay for it. Do you go to your mechanic, ask him to fix your car for free (parts and labor) and go on your marry way? You sir make me sick.

I also don't think your lessee Eugene Vortman would like to have this information published about him publicly. I bet a security audit of your company would be quite devastating, financial and reputation wise.

Now my moral dilemma, should I report you to Air Commercial Real Estate Association...

8. ski

ski New Member

:hsugh:

If you didn't have anything to offer why pipe up and try to be vigilante?

9. CyberBullets

Due to the fact that I am a software designer and I like to be paid for the work I do. Contrary to popular belief, software doesn't write itself.

10. CyberBullets

And considering he is running a business, there is ZERO excuse to run anything that is non-legit.

Every company I have ever worked for used all legit software. If we needed it, we bought it. If we didn't need it, we didn't use it and got by.

11. ski

ski New Member

To each his own then.

He has an issue, I try to solve said issue without looking too deep into it.

12. CyberBullets

I agree he has an issue: ripping off hard working developers. :squint:

obviously ski you dont understand what it is like to have your own software pirated and used w/o receiving benifits for it.

13. ski

ski New Member

I've had my software pirated more than once.

It wasn't an expensive piece of software to begin with ($10 registration).

Now, speaking without exact statistics - had it not been pirated and only been used by those who purchased it, my userbase wouldve been only 5-10% of what it shouldve been.

I agree piracy is a bad thing, but for me it had positive aftereffects. My website was exposed to over 10 times the traffic it would have received otherwise, as well as more interest in future projects. To be completely honest, i'm willing to bet I wouldve received roughly the same amount of registrations either way.

The increase in traffic and exposure alone was worth it to me but I can understand larger companies who are only in it for money and don't need the popularity.

14. CyberBullets

So because you received more exposure, piracy was good in your case? Why not just release it as GPL then and ask for donations, it would of worked in the exact case.

In my experiences, I usually work fulltime+overtime on my projects. The only way I'm getting paid is if marketing is able to sell the products my team produces. If people pirate our software, we all lose.

I do have code that is released GLP for random projects, and I probably receive more donations that way then I would for charging.

15. Athous

Athous New Member

OK for one this is the only retail lease I need to do, I already have the air version with tokens for commercial stuff, but not for retail. I will more than likely never use the retail lease again and only wanted to do this for the ease of it. I have other programs that can do it, but obviously arent as easy to use. I was just hoping I could possibly just bypass it just this once. I am no cheapskate to things and have purchased a lot of software. This is a one time deal and I was only hoping for a little guidance as to do it. I dont feel on spending 600 dollars to do one lease, now if I was doing say 10-12 that I do regularly with commercial/industrial than that would be a different story. It looks like I will just have to go the old route and enter everything in manually. I appreciate all the help that some of you guys gave, cheers!

16. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

What the hell does that have to do with this. He is not pirating the software, he is trying to modify a file it created. Blame the programmer for being a dumbshit if that is his "protection". Once the doc is created, he can do with it as he sees fit. If he wants to try to remove the watermark, he can.

If he was pirating it, he wouldn't need any help, now would he?

And for the record, yes, I've developed commercial software.

17. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Oh, and to the original thread starter: Just copy the damned text out and paste it into word and do some reformatting already. Yes, you can do that with a PDF. See:

edit: OT added the extra line breaks, btw, not the copy/paste. Looks fine in word.

18. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Why don't you just re-type it in Word?