effin router! need help!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Reznik, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Reznik

Reznik New Member

Hey, I just got Verizon DSL... and I have hardwired all my computers into a DSL 11.b wireless router. Even though they are wired in... some sites are inaccessible to me like Yahoo mail or myspace. It doesn't play videos either.

BUT when I connect my desktop directly to the modem... it works fast and fine.

Whats wrong here? I updated to the latest firmware and reset the router. Any other solutions?:sadwavey:

2. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Do you have those sites blocked in the router? Your hosts file may also have been corrupted. Check that. I'm not too knowledgable with wireless, but from what I hear from others, the 11.b protocol isn't that reliable. :dunno: Packetloss may also be occuring. The wireless signal weakens more and more as it goes through walls and such. I'd also refrain from having the router in an area where other electronical devices that produce waves occur.

Hosts file is located in windows/system32/drivers/etc/

3. Reznik

Reznik New Member

Is this even a problem if my devices are wired in? I am not talking about wireless (even though its a wireless device). The wireless device is too weak to use... so I am using a direct ethernet cable and am having these problems.

About that windows dir... yeah there are a bunch of host files there... how do I know if they are corrupted or not?