SRS Efficient Counter-Depressive Measures

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by glass, Aug 20, 2005.

1. glass

glass New Member

i'm looking for something to keep my mind occupied. it'll have to be: interesting, flexible in the way it demands time and effort, inexpensive (preferrably free), not too physically demanding (i'm trying to keep my weight up), and i guess.. long term.

a person can only block out thoughts for so long. the quiet moments are the worst. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

go to the pirate bay, torrent reactor or isohunt.com and download mp3's from motivational speakers. Download as many as possible and listen to them often.

3. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Exercise, sex, creation.

4. limited_skillz

limited_skillz I'm a dumbass!

This may sound boring, but it actually works well for me. Hopefully you already have a few hobbies that take up your time, because this is just supplementary.

Basically, just write an article a day, promise yourself that you will write one a day. It can be on the most bullshit thing ever, but just write it. That means you have to do a bit of research, unless its something you're good with already. It will help you learn a bunch of stuff and improve your writing abilities.

I don't do it that much really, because I kind of enjoy my alone time these days.

5. alexs001

alexs001 Mawk! Mawk!

find somewhere to volunteer that you would find rewarding

6. B_RowL

B_RowL OT Supporter

You have to utilize your tallents and find things that interest you. We all have different interests/hobbies. You cannot be passionate about something if its not for you. This is life.....

If you cant think of anything right off, start experimenting. You'll find something soon enough. I'm not suggesting that you have to find your "calling in life", just things you enjoy doing and can devote yourself to. I am an artist so my time is mainly devoted to music, poetry, and finding inspiration for both of these.

By the way, running and lifting weights reguarlly, helped me end depression and anxiety