SRS Effeoxor XR

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by FredricaBimmel, Jan 27, 2007.

1. FredricaBimmel

FredricaBimmel Great big fat person

My Dr. just switched me from Zoloft to effexor XR.

What are your experiences with it? I'm starting out with 37.5 and going to the 75 mg dose in a few weeks.

If you take it, how does it compare with Zoloft? Are the side effects similar?

I switched from zoloft because of the side effects... mainly the sleeplessness and sexual disfunction.

2. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

When I was on it I experienced the sexual disfunction...it made it extremely difficult to achieve orgasm. I was on 150mg, then 225mg, then back to 150mg. I was never on Zoloft, so I can't compare.

3. HatSee

HatSee Active Member

I can't compare it to zoloft, I was never on it.

At first I had quite a few strange side effects, I was disconnected from everything I was doing for the first little while, I didn't get hungry, I would sleep very little or way too much etc.

After a while though most of that went away and I felt "normal"

The only thing I can say is make sure to take your pills everyday, forgetting once can suck twice and you'll be sorry. :hs:

4. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Effexor does a great job at what it is supposed to do but the side affects are killer. If I missed a dose even by say 4-5 hours I felt like I was drunk but at the same time had the worlds worst hangover. I got off it just for that reason but I would like to get back on it because it really did stablize me more than the celexa that I am on now.

Go here and scroll down to effexor. A lot of what is said is right on from my experiences.

http://www.crazymeds.org/

5. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

Out of wellbutrin, zoloft, and effexor - effexor gave me 1000x time the side effects.

It seemed to make me into a vegetable and cloudy. Wellbutrin actually gave me energy.

6. 88 Notch

88 Notch New Member

Of the 3 anti-depressants I have taken, Effexor had the least side effects.
    Paxil made me feel stoned, and Welbutrin made me literally suicidal.
    I recently stopped taking Effexor because I have been taking some sort of anti-depressants for most of the last 5 years and am feeling worse now than I did before starting meds. It seems all meds have various side effects for everyone.

7. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

That went away for me after about 2-3 months.