effectiveness of pushups

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by monkeybusiness, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. if I want to get large pecks, can I just do a shit load of pushups every day? how effective will this be?

Thanks,

MB

2. deznutz

deznutz New Member

troll, won't feed

3. fauxdiophile

fauxdiophile OT Supporter

:bowdown:

4. Hey I'm serious... I'm not trying to get huge like arnold, but just large enough so that women take a second look. I don't have $$$ for gym and want to do shit I can do around the house. What will pushups do?

5. if it matters, I'm also taking creatine.

6. hodor

hodor Active Member

increase dick size by 3"

7. man, fuck this shit, I'm serious here. I know pushups are effective cause the military does them, but is that just for strength or does it add a shitload of mass?

8. fauxdiophile

fauxdiophile OT Supporter

but he wants 'pecks'

9. patt

patt New Member

10. link434

link434 OT Supporter

your in a fitness and nutrition forum talking about doing literally the bare minimum amount of exercise you can and asking if thats good, yea okay

edit: oops missed the 4 post count account created in March, I guess i'm supposed to play along with this elaborate troll attempt.

If your going to be doing push ups make sure they are cock push ups, and you only need to do one.

11. Ep

Ep Guest

better than nothing. pushups, pullups, dips, planks various other things. My friend is a marine and is built and he did mostly pushups and pullups

12. fuck yes, this is what I'm talking about... is that diet or pushups/situps?

13. Look, I'm not trolling here looking for miracle workout... just wondering how jacked I can get from pushups... what is wrong with that?

14. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

i want to fuck your dad.

15. erok81

erok81 All your canyons are belong to me!!

Grow a beak?

16. knight42

knight42 OT Supporter

if you want big chest and arms put ice skates on your hands and play hockey with your legs

17. Ep

Ep Guest

Probably the whole package. What they go through is a whole other world. They get NO sleep and are going nonstop all day. It's the whole lifestyle. Not everyone gets big doing it but you will certainly see a major improvement. Kroc was actually a marine if I recall. Just up your food intake and start looking up with routines that involve the things you can do at home and you'll get improvements. Most guys on here want to be 220 pounds at 8% body fat, so they'll insult you if you suggest doing anything that won't get you said physique. I mean, they'll also say "join a gym you cheap bastard" but maybe you aren't ready for that commitment.

18. Thanks for the serious post, man, it is much appreciated. No I'm not trying to get 220 8%bf... I just want to be in somewhat noticably good shape with excercises I can do at home or in the office. I have maybe 9 free hours of the day where I'm not in the office or running to/from the office so that will be used for sleep. and I work 6 days/week.

19. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Genetics.

20. Grimey

Grimey New Member

:rofl:

21. jehan60188

jehan60188 New Member

use more supplements

22. Ep

Ep Guest

It can't be entirely genetics, because not all people get big in the marines. In fact, my ex's brother is in the marines and he lost something like 60 pounds (he was like 240). He isn't BIG but he looks a LOT better in terms of physique. Once again, I'm not saying marines always get big but I think they always will improve

Genetics does play a big role though I'm sure. I knew someone who did pushups every night (that's it) and he had massive arms and chest. But I don't think doing pushups/pullups/situps/dips/planks etc is going to make you look worse. Only better

23. Joseph Scumsworth

Joseph Scumsworth OT Supporter

they'll work, but you need to eat everything in sight and may even need to use steroids

24. themolsen

themolsen New Member

At some point, body weight pushups will not be enough resistance to cause much hypertrophy. You can always put a sandbag on your back or some heavy shit in a backpack and use that. You can vary your arm position and do all kinds of crazy ass variations. You could get a pretty good chest workout from pushups if you do the right stuff...

25. Adom

Adom OT Supporter

try it for 6 months. report back.

thank you for doing this study.

/thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.