TAT :eek4: staph infection ftl

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by pigeon, Mar 10, 2007.

1. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

:eek4:
    i have no idea how it developed.... i have kept the tattoo clean and moisturized.... i don't know if i had clothes rubbing on it too much or it was from my hair slipping into it.... or if it's from the fact that people were touching my hair to "get it out of the tattoo" which is totally:ugh: - like, um, yes, why the hell are you touching my body without asking so i can tell you no??

gross.
    fucking gross.

i went to the doctor this morning since it was so crusty :eek4: (it's been fine - a little scabby, but i went back to my artist to have him check on it and he said it was fine, then i woke up this morning with an abyssmal scab - my boyfriend didn't even want to tell me how bad it was, he just said, we need to see a doctor. i knew it was scabby but since it is on my neck he can see it better than me, and this was as soon as we woke up, before i checked in the mirror.) i am on antibiotics for it and i am keeping bacitracin on it, doctor's orders... now i just have to see what it does and see how much damage is done.:squint: and on top of the staph infection, i have strep throat.:rolleyes:

hopefully my artist will be able touch it up if it loses too much color or anything, won't he?

i am so disgusted. i have 7 tattoos and have had NO problems with the other 6. the artist is reputable and licensed.

goddamnit.:squint:

2. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

it happens.. Random people touchig your open wound doesn't help. though you probably caught strep and the staph is from you immune system being downed already.

just keep your meds going, get lots of fluids and keep the tattoo clean. HIT PEOPLE IF THEY TRY TO FUCKING TOUCH IT... warn then they will have to pay for you touch up work.

3. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

you know, that's what a friend said - that i was sick already. i feel better hearing/seeing that.

i'm taking my meds and i will be fucking psycho about keeping it clean now. goddamn people touching things.... i will definitely be handing out backhands these next few weeks....

the one good thing is free touchups the first 6 mos. after... although i wouldn't care if touchups weren't free. if i have to get a touchup to fix it, who cares. it's there forever, so i need to be happy with it. hopefully i'll get really lucky and it'll (miraculously?) come out unscathed.... :noes:

4. Memor

Memor Active Member

Yep, I'm with PE on this one

hope you heal up fast :hs:

5. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

me too :o

the first six tattoos i followed a different set of instructions re: aftercare and never had a problem - and a lot of what i read on the internet (i.e. tattoo shops' websites v. aftercare) says to follow instructions specific to your artist since s/he is the one who is doing your work, but i think i will use my original steps if i need a touchup and for all tattoos following this one. i trust this guy enough to do my ink, but i am thinking his instructions on aftercare just don't work well for me. maybe i just heal differently. who knows.

6. Tron

Tron New Member

every artist has different opinions on aftercare, personally i've just used unscented lotion on both of my tattoos and they have turned out fine

7. Phantom Empress

what did you do DIfferently withthis one?

8. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

goodbye color! :wtc:

9. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

:wtc: is right.

with the others i kept them covered with gauze for 2 days and washed it 4x daily with dial, reapplying a thin layer of a&d each time. i kept a&d on for 5 days and then switched to lotion.

this time he said a&d 2-3x daily and washing was "optional" so i wasn't as diligent with that (stupid idiot i was) - only in the morning and at night, and i didn't keep it covered past the first hour. this one is incredibly exposed, and i don't think that was a good idea, especially since everyone, adults and kids alike (i work in a school and a jewish community center - both with sp. needs and other kids) wanting to touch it.... and i assume that when people want to look they will do so with their eyes, not fingers, but that's not always teh case. :glare:

i just need to be more dilligent about keeping it covered and clean, despite my artist's more lax instructions..... i can't believe it got so infected. :wtc:

almighty, i'm definitely going to need a touch-up, huh?

10. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Ya you probably are... BUT don't keep it covered for more than 24hours. Especially with gauze. :eek3: There's really no need for that. If anything it's going to suffocate your tattoo.

11. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

:glare: oh well. i'll see if i can set it up for spring break since i'll be off from work anyway and then i can make sure no one is touching it :roll: ;)

no more than 24 hrs you say? i'll keep that in mind

12. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

:werd: and thats a breeding ground for bacteria and fungus

13. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

ouch, staph fucking sucks!

14. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

yes, yes it does. but the antibiotics are helping and i've kept bacitracin on it and it's been covered since i went to the doctor... i'm cleaning it often and changing bandages often... it's improved a lot just since yesterday. i'm going to keep it covered until the infection goes away, but i can feel it getting itchy :run: which is a wonderful thing because i know it's healing.

to the poster above you - as long as you keep a wound clean and rebandage with fresh gauze it shouldn't be too much of a breeding ground for that kind of thing.....

15. hoppy1028

hoppy1028 New Member

a friend of mine got that bc his tattoo artist makes his own red ink by mixing colors...good luck and keep a close eye on it

16. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

Wow... why would people want to touch it? I mean, from what Ive been told, I always thought the ink was UNDER the skin, not 4 dimension :ugh:. And people wonder why I am not a touchy person.. its gross. And I find it rude to just randomly touch a persons hair to see their tat.

17. Phantom Empress

:werd: I'm a little neurotic about peopl e touching me... At work people tried to touch my still fresh conch piercing or my lobes to see if they were really "that big". I had to back away and give them the rundown...

18. audrey

audrey New Member

ohhh that sucks!!!! :(

19. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

yeah, i think it's disgusting when people touch me but apparently most people at both my jobs DON'T. :ugh: so gross. and i said over and over that the tattoo wouldn't be so "3-d" once the swelling went down (this was the very next morning, so it was less than 12 hrs old) but they still wanted to touch it. people are fucking ridiculous and have no sense of respect sometimes. :rant:

it's getting a lot better though. the drugs and the cream are helping and it's hardly scabby at all now. the rest of it is itching like a bitch now :big grin:

20. joy division

joy division New Member

Isn't it a neck tattoo? If it is, I'm not surprized...

21. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

yes, yes it is.

my artist looked at it tonight - he is not surprised that it got fucked up, but he said he might not have to touch it up :big grin:
    he wants to see it in a week or so to see how it is. i am very fucking excited to know that it might heal okay :big grin:

22. joy division

joy division New Member

just keep that hair and any products that go in it the fuck away from it :)

23. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

:rofl: the fucking hair is a pain in my ass. it's taken me a year to get it to the length i want it and right now i'm so annoyed with it.... babyfineslipperyhair ftl :mamoru:

24. joy division

joy division New Member

shave that shit off :o

play the cancer sympathy card..

25. pigeon

pigeon wasabi