educate me.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by the_moose914, Nov 25, 2007.

1. the_moose914

the_moose914 Bimmer Crew

2. tjamz

tjamz New Member

What do you want education on? What are your audio goals? Why in the world would you buy from woofersetc? And please don't tell me low price, I know they sell for below dealer cost which means one of 3 things:

1. Refurbished items, repaired in house and not at factory. (Read NO FACTORY WARRANTY)
    2. Stolen Items or obtained by some means other than through the manufacturer (Again, NO FACTORY WARRANTY)
    3. Purchased from dealers who are going out of business....basically a giant pawn shop...if you want pawn shop pricing, buy from a local pawn shop because neither one will give you factory warranty

Yes, I know they are authorized for some of their product lines that they sell, be the majority they aren't.

3. the_moose914

the_moose914 Bimmer Crew

im going for sound quality with some "bump" and a clean install that will look good in my 1992 325i

4. tjamz

tjamz New Member

There is nothing wrong with the equipment you have listed. They will provide an adequately decent sound (if installed properly of course) that should satisfy most needs. There are literally hundreds of options that will satisfy those needs, so really it all comes down to personal preference. If you can afford it however, I would look at a better amp than Cadence. Not that they are awful, just that there are better out there. Zapco, USAmps, Arc Audio, Sundown Audio, DB Drive and a whole host of others have amps close to those in price.

5. mephistopholes

mephistopholes New Member

I agree with tjamz that you will not get a factory warranty on most products buying from woofers.etc. They likely offer a retailer warranty but understand that you won't get any manufacturer support if you run into problems. That said, woofers.etc does seem to have a decent reputation from what I've read online but I've never dealt with them myself. Another thing to keep in mind is that unless you plan on installing the system yourself, some shops may not offer as good a price or take as good care of an install for equipment they did not sell.

If you're looking to a sound quality system you will need to focus heavily on the quality of the install. You've picked out some high quality speakers but they need to be placed correctly otherwise you've wasted the extra money you spent on them. Since every car is different the location of the speakers makes a huge difference in how they will sound. What works best in one may not work in another.

For a sub the image dynamics is well regarded for sound quality. Unless you are looking to rattle windows from three blocks away, a sub that can be accurate is what you are after. There is always a compromise if you need the sub to work in a very small enclosure or with very little power but a modest subwoofer setup should be plenty for a sound quality system.

Choose an amp to match the speakers you pick. Then choose a wiring kit to match the amp. With amps you are really paying for build quality. Stick with established manufacturers and you should be cool. You don't need to go crazy with power unless you expect to play the system at insane levels or are competing imo.

6. Ronin

Ronin Guest

ive bought from woofersetc before, nothing is jacked up, certainly not worse than ebay :mamoru:

recent customer feedback other than myself of the site:

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]11/17/07 8:36 AM[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is my second time ordering from woofersetc.com. I had seen the website listed on google while looking for car audio. A friend of mine said he had ordered from here before and had no problems. So i ordered the first time and everthing was smooth, very fast shipping and products were perfect.

The second time i ordered was even better....how? I ordered 2 CDT Audio CL-S60A component sets, but received 2 CDT Audio CL-S61A component sets along with a note saying that i had been upgraded (free of charge) to a higher line of speakers!

I will continue to do business with woofersetc.com and recommend to anyone who is interseted in audio equipment. With free shipping on so many items along with already great prices, they are hard to beat. When you throw in exceptional customer service there's no reason to shop elsewhere.
    [/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2007
  7. tjamz

tjamz New Member

Doesn't change the fact that if they are buying at below dealer cost, and below distributor cost, that they are obviously obtaining these items in other ways that are not legitimate. Sure, you may get a good deal and save some money...but what happens when the product fails in 6 months or a year or any other time before the warranty is up? Oh yeah, they'll tell you send it to the manufacturer. Manufacturer will ask for original receipt and then deny your warranty based on where you purchased your product. Then what? Then you are out the money you paid for the product. Spend the money at a local shop and actually do something that will help your local economy. Sure, you will pay a bit more, but it'll be worth it if/when you have problems.

8. MaximaDrvr

MaximaDrvr Member

I generally agree, but:
    if you can get something online, have it die, buy it agian, have it die, and buy it again, and still come out cheaper than buying from an authorized dealer I am going to, because equipment does not die that often.

9. Ronin

Ronin Guest

That's a risk I'm willing to take

Local shops around here blow ass anyway, there is not a single car audio dealer in Oregon I want to do business with.

10. tjamz

tjamz New Member

And that is fine to take that risk, so long as you know there is a risk in doing so.

11. tjamz

tjamz New Member

If you can buy it 3 times and come out ahead...its stolen. I deal in high margin product lines exclusively, and none of them have a 300% markup.

12. the_moose914

the_moose914 Bimmer Crew

do you know of any head units with amber/orange backlights

13. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

many decks let you select what color you want. My kenwood, for example, does this.

14. CrackityJones

CrackityJones OT Supporter

Where will those PG/Morel's be installed?

15. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

Diamond Audio (a "high end line") Has a general 50-60 point mark-up. most of them are "double plus" sheet cost.