educate me on Volvo S40's

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by JoJoFine, Dec 7, 2009.

1. JoJoFine

JoJoFine OT Supporter

Coming back from Afghanistan here in 3 weeks (like Dec 27th) and I'm going to need a car. I've found a lot of these things used up around northern/central NY for under $25k. Are their reliability anything to brag about these days? I'm looking at a 2006-2008 model years. Anybody know what the performance on an S40 T5 AWD specifically is like?

My only experience with Volvo's is that my dad had a wagon in the 80s from when he was in law school. Had over 300,000 on the clock and the back floor boards were rusted away but the engine still ran like a champ.

kthnx

2. TripleLindy

TripleLindy New Member

Nothing particularly notable about them. They are different cars than those of the 80s. They last alright, but not the same as those. Reliability is comparable to most other euro entry level luxury cars (ie 3 series). Otherwise, average in about every way. Only real reason to get one is if you are particularly fond of the style or comfort.

3. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

Had a non-t5 for a few days when my s80 was being serviced... Not impressed. I really like the exterior, but the interior feels kinda.. cheap. Ride was shitty, engine was shitty. I think i would have liked it way more if it was a T5. Maybe the negative feelings were because i switched from my s80 and the difference is what made me :ugh: