Educate me on my diet, OT

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Inferno, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inferno

Inferno New Member

Okay, so my main goal is to loose weight and get to like 185 (at about 215 now). Football starts back up in a couple months so before that i'll get to strength training, but for now I want to get rid of the fat on my belly/ass.

I've started watching calories (under 2k a day) and I run 3-5 times a week for 25 minutes all the way to like 1 hr 10 min runs, depending how im feeling. It really feels like I've gone a long way to watching what I've been eating, if I have a chose I'll always choose the thing with less calories, I wont go over 2k, I wont eat 3 hrs before I go to bed, etc.

That being said,I havent noticed results since I started this shit at the start of the month, so I think I'm doing something wrong. Obviously calories arent the ONLY thing I should be watching.. I pretty much still eat everything I just moderate my calorie intake so that may be my problem, but why? Whats so bad in a can of ravoli lets say? I don't eat fast food, but I wanna be educated :o

2. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

you cant spot reduce fat.

eat less calories, workout more.

/thread

oh, up your protein and reduce your carb intake. dont have carbs before bed.

3. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

Low carbs, watch sodium

But mostly eat high protein, with only complex carbs

Lean meats, fish, and carb sources such as brocolli, and brown rice are your friend.

4. Inferno

Inferno New Member

I'm not trying to spot reduce, I read a bunch of articles and what I gathered was that while you can't spot reduce fat, you body does lose fat in an order, and your ass is 2nd last with your stomach being last on that list. Seeing how my excess fat is only on my thighs/ass/stomach it makes sense :o

Tell me, how come protien helps in weight loss, doesn't it just build muscle? I have protien at home but I stopped taking it since I stopped working out, maybe I should get back on that.

Thing with me is, I get hungry at night cause I tell myself not to eat after like 7pm, but I stay up late most nights (1-2am) so should I just throw back a protien shake? How bout before/after I go running, I read I shouldn't eat anything before/after I go running to maximize fat loss, but what about a protien shake? Or is there no exceptions.

Sorry for all these fucking questions but you guys are the group to ask :o :love:

5. Inferno

Inferno New Member

So eat whatever as long as it doesnt have the shitty carbs (what are they called? :o) I know you niggas say no bread, but how bout' brown bread with peanut butter and jelly? Which reminds me, whats all the hype about natural peanut butter when the smooth peanut butter (good shit) has the same sugar/fat/calories?

6. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

Your goal in weight loss should not to be just lose weight, you will find yourself skinnyfat.

You need protein, because in order to lose the weight properly, you will need to have some muscle at the end. Or else you will just be super skinny.

Don't be fooled by the television commercials that show you what the 'skinny body' looks like.

If you are losing weight definitely work out while you are doing it in order to maintain muscle mass.

7. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

na

i'd say you should train while losing weight, and eat a really clean diet.

8. Inferno

Inferno New Member

You see, I don't have a skinny build though, if I got rid of the fat I have on my ass/stomach I wouldn't really be a twig, you know? I have nothing against working out either, I'm just holding if off cause the gym near me closed down and I need to buy a car (sometime within the next few weeks) to go to the other one.

I know I need to clean up my diet even further, but I've gone a long ways (trust me :o) and it isn't exactly easy in the house hold I live in, I don't do the groceries or anything and I'm the only one dieting. To be successful though, do you really have to eat like a fucking body builder, measuring out each serving and shit. Shouldn't cutting out the calories be enough?

9. devman

devman New Member

read the nutrition edu, it has all the info you need

10. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

I don't have a skinny build either, i have broad shoulders, but your bone structure can't make up for a lack of muscle if you lose all your mass while dieting :o

And don't cut the calories down too low. Judging on your weight 2000ish would be a good aim, if you are exercising ontop of that.

11. Inferno

Inferno New Member

oh, ive read it :hsugh:

i want specific answers

12. Inferno

Inferno New Member

Yeah, but I mean, eating 2k a day doesn't really make me feel like I'm dieting. I can still eat a bunch and be under 2k. For example, heres my day today

breakfast, about 12pm
    PB/Jam sammich
    milk
    granola bar

snack before work
    cereal

lunch/dinner 6-7pm
    lean cuisine
    buncha fruit and shit
    that right there is barely 1k calories and its already 11pm and im about to go for my jog. and you see, ill prolly be hungry right after my jog but im not supposed to eat anything :wtc: what do you guys say about the protien shake? before or after my run? or should i have taken it way sooner?

13. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

lean cuisine? :ugh:

Cook your own food.

14. Inferno

Inferno New Member

i was at work, i work beside a grocery store :o

15. devman

devman New Member

eat some meat, you need more protein

16. Inferno

Inferno New Member

hmm.. i can start taking protien shakes. i think instead of that cereal maybe i should have had a protien shake or something :dunno:

17. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

and egg whites, and chicken breast, and tuna.

18. Inferno

Inferno New Member

alright thats no problem, but what I'm not understanding is how this'll help me lose fat :o I understand it'll help retain muscle, but I must be missing something

Somebody answer my questions about the protien shakes and stuff in this post

http://forums.offtopic.com/showpost.php?p=102493993&postcount=4

and whats wrong with frozen dinners as long as they arent retarded unhealthy? i mean, the lean cuisine only had about 250 cals, like 5g of fat, 15-20g of protein, etc. It was simply chicken breast and spaghetti. Whats wrong with that?

19. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

your food choices suck

20. Inferno

Inferno New Member

thanks, im 101893784923x more enlightened than i was 5 minutes ago! People should be paying you for your knowledge :bowdown:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  21. keeler

keeler New Member

split those 3 meals into 5 or 6. eat more than 1k calories a day, use the nutritional calculators in the nutrition sticky to see how many calories you require daily and subtract 500. try to stay away from simple carbs, get alean protein source in every meal. oh, and never eat only 1k calories a day you r-tard.

22. Memor

Memor Active Member

Am I reading things wrong or are you only running and not doing any type of lifting whatsoever?

You definitely don't have a lot of LBM/muscle mass, so even if you just run and get down to 185 you'll still look like shit. If you're going to be playing football, you need to lift along with the cardio every damn week and build muscle.

Your food choices are re-fucking-tarded. Having barely 1k cals by 11pm is surreal. You need to eat an actual breakfast. Egg whites/omelet/scrambled, oatmeal, fruit, etc. A bowl of cereal for lunch is retarded. If you can't eat a lot in one sitting, you need to either snack a lot or eat in between breakfast and lunch, and in between lunch and dinner. A protein shake won't do fuck-all for you if your diet sucks. All it does is add protein without having you eat some actual food. There's a stickied diet in the 'how to be a bodybuilder' thread, it should give you good ideas on what types of food to eat.

23. Voltekker

Voltekker Active Member

watching the calories your taking in matters, but I think the kind of calories your putting into your system matter more. Shop on the outter edge of the supermarket and dont eat any pre-packaged food. Most of them either have high fructose corn syrup or Hydrogenated "blank" oil both which are bad for you.

24. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

25. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

:bowdown:

read the stickies/archives...the shit your asking has been covered 11ty billion times already...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.