WEB EDU me on selling a domain

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Falconer, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I've seen a few sites where you can sell domains, like sedo, moniker, namepros, etc. Most of them seem to be free to list. Is that pretty much standard?

Say you list your domain and get a buyer? What do you do then? How do you transfer the domain to them? What if the domain is private? How do you prove proof of ownership?

Also, it seems some website take a minimum $50 commission for selling a domain. Does that mean you can't sell a domain for under $51 then?

And it's probably best to avoid eBay because they charge you to list, require paypal (customer can file chargeback after domain is transferred = you lose), and because eBay SUCKS, right?

Also, are nameboy's appraisals accurate? It appraised one of my undeveloped domains at $6,000 based on the name alone :rofl:

2. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

3. Ozi

Ozi Active Member

4. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

no more help for you :fawk:

search domain sale or selling domain :p

5. Jesse

Jesse PSN: iamajesse; XBL: Inhale My Rod; G8 GT crew; Ne OT Supporter

Can't link to searches.

6. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

I've only sold a few (should sell more so I can make some of my "investment" back lol). The only places I have sold were on sedo and ebay. None were over $500. If you are talking premium domains then I would say escrow.com only.

sedo is nice because they have a built in escrow so you transfer the domain to them and they send you the money. Ebay, you just have to watch who you are dealing with and take the risk...just like any ebay auction lol. But a lot of potential buyers there that may not be as good at valuating a domain and may pay more for it.

Sedo does charge a percentage of the sale price as do most places that I have checked out. But with the internal escrow I don't mind paying it as it helps make sure things go right.

I have no idea about listing private whois domains though...you may not even be able to list them on sedo, for example, without first proving you own it.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Could I just add a page that says "i own this domain and am selling it on [site] and my email is ?"