WEB EDU: Make Money Using Facebook PPC

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by airbball23, May 15, 2008.

1. airbball23

airbball23 Rent this Space only $5/mnth

Alright guys - since I know quite a bit now than compared to before i've felt i can write a EDU for you guys - a continuation on Thomar's EDU (since that's basically dead now - but it inspired me to get into the game no doubt - thanks thomar!) I will not go into what PPC is because Thomar has gone into details in this thread.

DISCLAIMER BEFORE WE BEGIN: I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONIBLE FOR ANY MONEY YOU LOSE IN THE PROCESS. YOU WILL USE THIS TUTORIAL TO YOUR DISCRESTION AND JUDGEMENT – IF YOU LOST MONEY DON’T COME BLAMING ME. THIS IS JUST FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES.

Alright that being said let’s hopefully make money using Facebook.
    Facebook PPC is different than the other networks in many different ways.:

PROS:
    1. You don’t need to create a keywords lists like you have to with Google/Yahoo/MSN so it saves you tons of time.
    2. The clicks and impressions are pretty cheap compared to the other networks.
    3. Landing pages are not necessary - meaning you can basically direct link an offer w/o worry about quality score or anything.
    4. If you find a strong niche - you can easily bank it and make tons of money.
    5. In my experience - best offers are per lead payout - meaning you get paid once a user fills out either the 1st or 2nd page of the offer. I.E. - you promoting a gaming website - you get paid once a user fills out the first page which basically asks for a username, password, email, city/state etc.

CONS:
    1. Facebook tracking is often slow and takes a while to update
    2. Facebook manually (most of the time) reviews ads so it can sometimes take 3-6 hours to get your ad approve/disapproved.
    3. Facebook is strict about how much cleavage you can show in your ad (they are extremely conservative)
    4. You wont do good on offers that normally require credit card or sales.
    5. Facebook has a lot of restrictions on what you can and cant advertise. I'll list those later.
    Okay so let's begin.

Step 1 - Create a NEW facebook account so if you screw up and do something to get you banned - you won’t lose your real facebook account.

Step 2 - Join some quality affiliate networks. The two I highly recommend are: NEVERBLUE ADS - www.neverblueads.com (aff link) and ADVALIANT - www.advaliant.com (aff link) - I’m part of a few affiliate networks but those are garbage compared to these BTW I hate azoolgeads, it's slow for me and offers/payout suck compared to the ones listed above (sorry thomar). I can vouch for them because i've gotten paid and the affiliate managers are chill people. If you joined under my aff link send me a PM w/ your username and i'll talk to my affiliate mangers to see if they can take you under their wing or at least approve your application faster than normal.

Step 3 - This step is IMPORTANT for newbs and for experts - tracking tracking tracking. Neverblue and Advaliant offer real-time tracking meaning if i click on a link - almost within seconds you should see it reflected on their site or if someone generates a lead almost within seconds you would see it on their site. Since I don’t have a webhost (because i mainly direct link) i use a free software which is the BOMB - it's called tracking 202 - www.tracking202.com - join it and learn to use it - it's quite simple but if you guys have any issue - the create Wes Mahler is always glade to help - just hit him up on AIM - his contact is on that site.

Step 4 - Find a niche that you think might convert. Some niches that have potential without giving away the offers itself are - dating offers, 1 page lead offers, jewelry offers, gaming offers (online game). BUT remember to follow the guideline enforced by facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ad_guidelines.php

Step 5 - creating the ad.-> Alright so you found a product/service/site you want to promote - GOOD! Now it's time to create the ad.

Part A. Copy your link for the ad (in this case i'm promoting Stamps.com as an example from Neverblue ads) into tracking202. For example my tracking code would be http://nbjmp.com/click/?s=26719&c=43505 but for tracking202 to work you need to have the &subid= at the end of the code so basically it would look like this: http://nbjmp.com/click/?s=26719&c=43505&subid=
    NOW YOU DONT NEED TO USE TRACKING202 - if you just want to directly link an offer i would suggest after the &subid= you put somthing like this: http://nbjmp.com/click/?s=26719&c=43505&subid=m18us - so you know that when you create your ad in facebook - the one that's getting clicks and tracking for you is the one targeting Males 18 years old+ living in the US. You will see the subids in the tracking info of your Affiliate Network’s tracking page.

In tracking202 - you would create it once you generate the code (watch the video tutorial on how to use trackin202 because that's a totally different EDU: http://tracking202.com/videos)

Part B. To create the ad go to www.facebook.com/ads and follow the instructions on the site. Hit the Green "Getting Started" button and it's going to ask you to put in the address you want the ad to go to; for us if we are using the t202 (tracking202) we would put in the code it generated for us but if we are direct linking we would simply put in this: nbjmp.com/click/?s=26719&c=43505&subid=m18us (remember no HTTP:// cause facebook already assumes your address has http:// and will give you an error if you try to put it in)

Part C. Choose Audience. Now it's important that you choose the right audience because if your promoting stamps.com for example - the usps doesnt operate in canada so having ppl signing up for stamps.com would be worthless and you probably wont get paid for it. So make sure you know which location you promote for. Also, choose your approaiate gender - if your creating a dating ad - sure you can promoting it to both guys and girls but IMO girls dont do dating sites - guys on facebook are more easily suckered into signing up for it. Age is important too - if an offer like stamps.com only require 18+ - it's stupid to promote to 13 year old and also a waste of money. Keywords - you dont really need keywords but if you want to target in on a specific audidence then use keywords - otherwise just leave it alone. All the rest i would leave it as they are unless you want to target a specific group - such as you dont want to promoting a dating offer to people that are in a relationship/engaged/married because it'll just be a waste of your money - so i would choose Singles and for interested in - there are only a few gay/lesbian offer dating niches so make sure if your promoting a dating offer for guys - check women and not men.

Now up top - you should see something that says ≈ 21,715,900
    people - what this means is that this is the number of people you are targeting on facebook. The more you have the greater audience your ad will be shown to (if you ad is successfully and your bid is not low that is).

Part D. Create an Ad. In the Title field - you must use something relevent to the ad - if you dont the facebook nazi (as many ppl call them) will deny your ad. So if you’re doing Stamps - a title could be - Post Office Lines Suck and in the body you can put: Tired of waiting on line at the post office? Skip all the hassle and buy your stamps online at stamps.com (be cautious - sometimes certain advertisers dont want you to use their name in the body of the text to grab attention) Next choose a picture that would stand out - like a picture of a cool stamp or something.

Part E. Set Budget. This step is important - you have to create a bid price your willing to pay up to - meaning you won’t pay anything over let's say $.50 for this ad. Now if you put .50 - this doesn’t mean you'll pay .50 cents for every click but you'll be willing to pay .50 cents if you had to. NOW be very careful, if you bid too high - you can lose money very fast and if you bid too low - your ad wont be shown. Once it's approved tweak it until you see traffic coming through. NOTE THAT IS IMPORTANT: BEFORE YOU HIT SUBMIT FOR FACEBOOK TO LOOK AT YOUR AD – CLICK ON YOUR AD TO TEST TO SEE IF IT’S ACTUALLY GOING TO THE PAGE YOU ARE PROMOTING. IF YOU MISS THIS STEP YOU MIGHT LOSE A LOT OF MONEY.

That's the basics of creating a facebook ad. Now once you have an ad made - you won’t be able to go back into it after it's been approved and tweak it. There is also a 15 min delay on the bid - so if if you choose to bring your bid down - it will be reflected 15 mins later or so. If you have questions - post it in this thread and i'll try to respond to it as best as I can.

ONE THING I FORGOT TO ADD: Make sure your advertisment is attractive enough that people click on it. The more clicks w/ the least impressions means higher CTR (Click through Rate) - the higher the click-through-rate the lower your AVG CPC (Cost per click - the amount you pay per click) will become. So the goal of the facebook ads is to get CTR of atleast .10% or higher.

Some Additional Tips (I’ll add on more later if I think of more):
    Join www.affspy.com – this tool is great to see what other networks payout and it’s a good tool to try to negotiate with your affiliate manager to convince them to higher your payout for an offer.

Good Luck on your new journey into making monies on the interwebz. :)

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  2. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

interesting

3. airbball23

why wouldnt they? most of the campaigns on there are aff. links. BUT They restrict a lot of stuff like ringtones, adult websites, dating sites that show bewbies like hot or not/spicy or sweet

4. transistor

transistor Well-Known Member

i tried and failed at my facebook campaign about 9 months ago :hs:

5. auveeb

auveeb DATS CUTE

Facebook Flyers have a terrible conversion rate

6. airbball23

This is facebook Social ads - and not necessarily - if you promote the right things - have good pictures and the market for your niche isnt so much saturated you should be good.

7. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

Facebook Pocket PC?