GUN Edu a n00b v. Private Party Gun Sales

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by macistaniMac, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macistaniMac

macistaniMac New Member

If a fine gentleman wanted to sale me his pistol (private party to private party) what would we need to do to make sure we're legal?

(Specifics: we both live in TN)

2. luvitlo94

luvitlo94 Make a choice and don't look back.

call local PD

3. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

call atf

4. striker754

striker754 Chillin

:ugh: Except that ATF has no jurisdiction over this sale.

Check your state and local laws. Its best to find them on the internet as most police don't really know the laws. There is way too much misinformation around, i.e. 18 for a rifle no matter what, 21 for a handgun no matter what, all guns must go through a dealer, etc.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  5. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

it's illegal to do a face to face sale in Tennessee, all sales must be done through lawyers and approved by a member of the local clergy that both parties agree on.

6. macistaniMac

macistaniMac New Member

that's helpful :roll:

7. macistaniMac

macistaniMac New Member

The best info I can find, ironically, is on the Brady website which indicates I could buy it from him without going through a licensed dealer.

I fail at google, I suppose.

8. striker754

striker754 Chillin

39-17-1303. Unlawful sale, loan or gift of firearm. —

(a) A person commits an offense who:

(1) Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly sells, loans or makes a gift of a firearm or switchblade knife to a minor;

(2) Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly sells a firearm or ammunition for a firearm to a person who is intoxicated; or

(3) Intentionally, knowingly, recklessly or with criminal negligence violates the provisions of § 39-17-1316.

(b) It is a defense to prosecution under subdivision (a)(1) that:

(1) A firearm was loaned or given to a minor for the purposes of hunting, trapping, fishing, camping, sport shooting or any other lawful sporting activity; and

(2) The person is not required to obtain a license under § 39-17-1316.

(c) For purposes of this section, “intoxicated” means substantial impairment of mental or physical capacity resulting from introduction of any substance into the body.

(d) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

[Acts 1989, ch. 591, § 1; 1990, ch. 1029, § 3.]

9. striker754

striker754 Chillin

SECONDARY SALES
    Are background checks required on 'private' gun sales? No

No state requirement that criminal background checks be done on people buying firearms at gun shows, swap meets or through newspaper or internet advertisements. Criminal background checks are only required if the buyer goes to a federally-licensed gun store - all other sales are not subject to the background check.

You should be fine.

10. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

face to face sales are fine dont have to worry about anything unless he used it in a crime and you get sent to a federal pound me in the ass prison

11. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

:sarcasm: :ugh::ugh::ugh:

12. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

you hand him money
    he hand you gun
    ????
    profit

13. striker754

striker754 Chillin

That was not sarcasm.

14. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

his "call atf" post was sarcasm :rofl:

15. YesterdaysGone

YesterdaysGone Iced Out Platinum Member

before actually purchasing a handgun, IMHO you should call local police and get a serial check for the gun, to make sure it is clean... but that is not required, just a suggestion. i would discuss this with the person in advance, to make sure they are cool with it. if not, dont buy the gun. when it comes to the actual sale, do it somewhere with a copier. have a bill of sale with you, seller and buyer sign, then photocopy both photoid's... again just suggestions, but it can save your butt. (and maybe his if you are a retard...)

16. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I agree on the fact that you should document the sale as well as keep a copy of the ID handy, since if you bought it new the 4473 for that gun is one file with your name on it and if it ever winds up used in a crime and they come looking for you . . . it would be nice to say I sold it a couple years back and here is a copy of the guys ID I sold it to.

Granted I wonder how many times a gun is recovered at the scene of a crime it was used in?

17. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

you are a fucking idiot if you think that i was serious when i said call the atf... nigga plz

18. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I'd be willing to bet the majority of the time a gun is recovered the serial number has already been removed. Which is actually against Florida law.

19. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Its hard to take anything you say seriously especially when you can't even pass a background check.

Really though, if you don't know wtf you are talking about and have to resort to saying "it was sarcasm" you probably shouldn't have been speaking in the first place.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  20. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

depending on the method used to create the serial number, stamping, laser engraving ect, how much the thief knows and if (s)he put any effort in beyond making the numbers invisible to the naked eye, there are a few methods that can recover serial numbers at least some of the time.

21. cura

cura New Member

Face to face should be fine. Just make sure you record the sale and have adequate paperwork for your own protection.

If you are worried, find a FFL to do it for small fee.

22. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

you are beginning to really annoy me. at first, you were cool and all that, but you have been a real fucking assfuck the last few days. i do not have to explain my self to you, or anyone else. everyone else though seems to get that it was a joke, you fucking douchebag. and newsflash, i CAN pass a background check. i bought my first ak from a gunshow.... AND PASSED THE BACKGROUND CHECK. i cant pass a federal, because they disagree on that "pending charge" so shut the fuck up. i have a permit, obviously im good to go, and i passed a 16 week mental background and criminal background, so fucking shove it twatwaffle.

23. mvizos

mvizos New Member

I know the name of a great OB/GYN. The office specializes in sand removal. Let me know if you want it.

24. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

oh wow, look, the avless faggot tried to make a joke.

25. mvizos

mvizos New Member

FYI...When you have to make a reference to someone having or not having an AV, your argument is weak.

We need a sub forum ban on you like we did jimmybuffett. You add nothing to this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.