Edge 2000 Pads

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by SoySauciAl, Sep 22, 2006.

1. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

So i just got the Edge 200 pads in the mail last week. i noticed that the green medium cut does a better job than the yellow heavy cut? whats the deal? heavy cut actually works like crap! i use 3m medium cut compound..

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

PM him and ask him to answer in this thread so we can all know what his answer is. PM'ing questions doesn't help add to the knowledge of this forum.

:wavey:

3. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Here I am....
    I'm not that familiar with the 3M compound you're using. The green pad is the most versitile as the yellow does clog. Make sure you have some QD handy to prelube the pad with. The yellow will cut better but will leave marring. This may appear letting you think the yellow pad is not working. If the 3M is agressive, which I believe it is, it will leave marring with the yellow and not the green. This maybe why the green pad seems to being doing more. I bet you that the 3M with the green pad and with your technique, is the right way.
    Remember, it's all about coupling the right pad with the right compound. I've used XMT #3 (aggressive) with a EDGE blue pad (finishing pad) and removed swirls. Also, remember it's the pad and chemical working together.....not jut one.