MMA Eddie Bravo on Flexibility

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by RollinDollos, Nov 4, 2008.

1. RollinDollos

RollinDollos Guest

2. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

dude kinda talks too much. nice guy though. very unique jiu jitsu (i rolled w/ him)

3. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

seen this before, pretty good

4. RollinDollos

RollinDollos Guest

Yeah my brothers rolled with him when he was at Jean-Jaques place. They said some of the shit he did was ridiculous and he could get out of anything.

5. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

stoner bjj

6. REDTAIL

REDTAIL New Member

Wow , he seems like a good instructor just from his attitude in that video.

7. kroneX

kroneX New Member

I personally don't like Eddie Bravo, he has some okay things to say like about flexibility, but i don't like his advocacy of marijuana and his conspiracy theories and how he talks about that shit in his classes. I am pro marijuana, i am a frequent user, but seriously you don't talk about that shit in jiu jitsu class, or about your theories on the world, people are there to learn jiu jitsu, not your philosophy on world affairs.

Secondly he has a pretty big assertion that the rubber guard is the best no gi guard game to play... I play spider and de la riva guard no gi and do just fine, i have to adapt my style, sure, who doesn't when they lose those handles?

Oh that and he is gonna enter ADCC in 2009, and i wanna see him get his shit pushed in, i do beleive he caught royler with a lucky triangle, people fuck up, and props to eddie for catching him, its no small feat catching royler. But his claim that royler is a 'bread and butter' player and his style is more evolved than his, and thinks he is going to push roylers shit in again pissed me off. But to think he can roll with the ADCC guys now and still think he will pull of wins is a bit of bullshit i think, that and he will be in the same weight class as marcelo garcia.

Well thats my thoughts, he might be a nice guy, just up himself a bit for beating royler, and thinking his the masta of no gi bjj

8. XJ3B

XJ3B wat

I don't like how he advocated marijuana in his book. I mean, some younger kids read that stuff sometimes. I know a kid who trained at my gym, still in middle school. hangs on bravo's nuts, i imagine if he doesnt have the book already, once he gets it he will want some pot

9. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

how the hell do you play spider guard no gi?

10. TheEspionage

TheEspionage New Member

So how does your body adapt to this? He mentions people who can't bring their legs in but after a few years can do it with ease.

11. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

12. kroneX

kroneX New Member

Well with the gi to have my foot in their elbows, and hang on to each sleeve.

When i play no gi i hold onto both their wrists and keep my shins in their elbows, works out fine for me. so whatever works.