SRS Eczema + Athlete's foot urgent problem

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by InsomniacV, Oct 22, 2006.

1. InsomniacV

InsomniacV New Member

*URGENT PROBLEM*
    Anybody here ever have them? or know someone that has gone through it? It's nasty, looks bad, and it stings at certain parts. I dont know how, but I just started having them. it's just the beginning and i know it's best to treat it ONCE you notice it, which is what I'm doing. I'm currently always putting lotion so nothing dry's up as fast (for both eczema & athlete's foot), and im wearing socks to keep the moisture in (for athlete's foot). The thing is, i work at a hardware store as cashier (like Lowes or Homedepot) and customers bring me all sorts of containers/buckets/spraypaints, etc.. and sometimes there's this weird liquid on them so i accidently touch it when im bagging the item. That plus tons of people give me dirty money? sometimes they're kinda wet...? maybe it's not that, and just the liquid stuff? After much researching, I found out what exactly these skin problems are, and what they're called. these links were useful...

Eczema

http://familydoctor.org/176.xml
    http://www.herballegacy.com/id76.htm
    http://www.superlanolin.com/eczema/eczema.html

Athelete's Foot
    http://familydoctor.org/316.xml
    http://www.myfootshop.com/detail.asp?Condition=Athlete's+Foot

Things to avoid
    - She avoid hot showers and baths, instead opting for warm showers that are short. Also, use a moisterizing bodywash, rather than soap.
    - Avoid exposing her skin to the sun. Cover up with thin, light colored
    -clothing and use sunscreen. Stay in the shade if at all possible.
    - Of course, make sure to drink plenty of water and eat well

Treatment? and product recommedations/suggestions?

Before seeing a dermatologist, I wanna try some products that i can get at my local store (target, rite-aid, etc). They always have treatments and stuff for treating Eczema & athlete's foot. The problem is, I dont know which product's are well known? ones that a LOT/MOST people can agree on ? that'll help a lot. The only one I've heard people talk about is...

http://www.superlanolin.com/contact.html (eczema product)
    and "Elocon"
    and "Eucerin" brand creams and lotions

Also i heard that people with Eczema lack zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6. Are there any good foods/drinks that you can eat/drink, that you can get at your local grocerystore or vitamin store that contain those? I'm going to do my research later but thought i'd ask here first. I also read up that you need to drink a lot of water and eat well, so that's one thing i'll be doing more of.

Going back to how it looked?
    Lastly, can both skin problems go back to how they normally look? with the right treatment & products? You know.. instead of having that bright red spot, or dark pink spot, will they go away? cause new skin grows? Cause right now it LOOKS like it's gonna scar. Cause you know how scars have that shiny texture on the surface? there are some things you can tell that are gonna scar, and these look like it. But my question is, if treated early enough new skin can grow over it.. and it'll go back to normal right?

2. 7960

7960 New Member

I get rid of athlete's foot by using Ivory soap and washing throughly every day. Yes, specifically Ivory soap.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Personally if i where you id wear dental gloves when touching items [​IMG]. If anyone gives you comments you can just say you have eczema. Usually with skin allergies there's a substance that produces the eczema due to an allergic reaction, so avoiding contact on long term with the material is essensial.

I am not sure about the athlete's foot, but actually for both of your problems you should see a dermatologist and have an allergy test, along with a doctors visit for your athlete's foot.

4. InsomniacV

InsomniacV New Member

79, can you get this "ivory soap" at your local target, rite aid, walmar, or walgreens store? Also besides washing it Thoroughly in the shower, just to be extra safe, can you in the middle of the day? like wash it 2 times, in 2 showers in the day PLUS wash it without a shower?

dark, alright thanks for the advice. more suggestions are welcomed people! I need to go get at product today and if i dont see results soon, then im scheduling some appointments to the dermatologist

5. 7960

7960 New Member

It's just soap... you can get it anywhere just about any soap is sold.

[​IMG]

It wouldn't hurt to do this. I play volleyball in the winter and at some point will get athlete's foot. I pay special attention to wash with Ivory and dry my feet very well. If I get the chance I also make sure to take my shoes off at some point during the day and just let my feet breathe (I work from home so it's easy). Wash again and thoroughly dry before bed. Do not wear socks to bed.
    When I get athlete's foot it can last for a while. Using ivory soap it usually clears up by the 2nd day.

6. InsomniacV

InsomniacV New Member

alright im gonna go get it! thanks

7. harleysilo

harleysilo New Member

Pertaining only to ATHLETES FOOT....

Dude, go to the pharmacey and buy some Lamisil AT 1% spray or lotion. Athletes foot is a fungus, this stuff kills it, it should be gone in a week. Don't put regular lotion on it, and don't "keep it moist". The dampness only helps the fungus grow. You can also buy stuff to put in your shoes to keep it from living in there. Really you should rotate your shoes so you don't wear the same pair everyday, and let your feet air out as often as possible.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  8. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I think he's sort of conflicted. The athletes foot should be kept dry. The eczema should be kept moist.

9. harleysilo

harleysilo New Member

I might be confuesed, where exactly are you afflicted, only on your feet? For some reason I thought you had exzema someplace else on your body.