Ectomorphic body type ftmfl :madrun:

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by TurkeyChicken, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

I've been working out pretty much every day for about 45 minutes - an hour after work. I had been alternating lifting with running.

I just realized I was probably not doing that correctly as i was doing pretty much all the lifting on one day (chest, arms, back and shoulders). I also realize now that the running was probably killing any chance I had at gaining some weight.

For reference, I'm about 5'-11" and weigh about 150 or so. I'm not trying to get huge, but maybe put on a good 15-20 pounds of weight in muscle. I've been a skinny fuck my entire life due to my extremely fast metabolism.

if I remember correctly, my resting metabolism was somewhere around 3500 calories resting. I'm sure I don't eat nearly that much on a daily basis... thus I'm not gaining any weight.

I want to change all this and start working out correctly and start bringing in the proper types of calories/fat/protien, etc.

The complex I live at has a weight machine that lets you do just about anything so I've been using that and going by some chart they have hanging on the wall.

Does anyone think hiring a personal trainer for a month or so to get a routine down would be a good idea? I know I should probably man up and join a gym but all the broly fucks are like :ugh2: :bateman: when they see my skinny ass walk in and try to work out, plus I don't know how much a membership costs.

I've been reading all the noob threads on here again and some of it is helping, it just seems like I need someone to tell me what to do and how to get into a routine cause there's just so much shit to take into consideration with all this.

2. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

oh yeah, I've been doing this since the middle of January or so... maybe the first week in January. I can't quite remember.

I have a little notebook I carry around when I work out to record the weights I used so I don't forget and cheat myself the next time I go.

3. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

Get in the gym, lift, eat, and remember that it takes time. Your 3 fucking months of doing piddly shit means nothing long term. There are guys in here who have been lifting 15 years+.

P.S. The big guys at the gym aren't picking on you. Quit being so self concious.
    Also, there is plenty of info in here, and if you aren't gaining on 3500 cals (which I think is probably not a real good count of what you're really getting) then bump it up.

4. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

You don't understand, I've never really worked out before. I have no idea what to do when i walk up to some piece of workout equipment... that's why I was thinking about a personal trainer or something.

I just moved to this town a little while ago, so I need to figure out where a gym is and go check it out

5. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

I know, that's why I got pissed and made this thread. the only athletics I did in school were cross country / track. We never had to lift for those.

I've never been around machines so I have no idea the proper technique or anything.

Pretty much everything in here is a foreign language to me.

6. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

no they aren't, nobody gives a shit about you walking in or what you look like when you do it. It's all in your head, get over it and join.

7. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

:werd:

There are a few guys I've seen coming to the gym for like a year now who have gotten so much stronger/bigger and I really want to go over and tell them that they're doing a kickass job, but don't want to come off weird. :rofl:

8. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

It's just kinda like :ugh: when I'm sitting there with like 80 lbs on a bar bell and there's some 280 pound dude standing there waiting for me to get off the machine, then he loads it up with like 200 pounds, does 2 reps, flexes for 2 minuets, then does a few more.

Although that was in college when I tried to do that. Maybe now that I've graduated and it isn't at the corec at teh school the people wont be such pretentious faggots

9. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

I suppose.

I guess I am a little self conscious about it too cause some faggot from the football team used to pick on me all the time and make fun of me for being skinny back in jr. high and high school :eek4:

10. pokpok

pokpok New Member

they usually have a sticker on the machines instructing on how to use it correctly

11. pokpok

pokpok New Member

convince a friend to join with you.

12. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

i'm 6'4" 190 and I gain weight with a pretty active lifestyle at 3,500 calories

you're not eating as much as you think.

13. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

yeah who gives a fuck what buff guys look at you like, chances are it's all in your head anyway.

do what YOU gotta do, don't give a shit about anybody else.

14. Memor

Memor Active Member

:werd:

read up

man up

check your fucking ego at the door

start working hard

15. C4

C4 OT OG Aussie #1

everyone starts somewhere.. if you cant even man up and focus on yourself and your goals you wont achieve anything anyway

16. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

In college we had a gym on campus :ugh2:

It's faggots like you that make people like me not want to go to the gym

17. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

whatever, I'll figure something out.. whether it's joining a gym or just working with what I have here at my apartment complex.

18. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

bring an mp3 player or someshit, put in headphones and just focus on your shit, fuck everyone else

even IF they are looking at you weird, when you become a regular and they start seeing your face there regularly, it'll change

it's always the same people, at the same time in my gym
    new faces are always welcome

19. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

dude, jsut join a gym

if you think this part's hard, wait t'il you start doing it, and bulking up..then you'll see how big of a bitch it really is :mamoru:

20. Memor

Memor Active Member

You'll be better off in the long run if you join a gym, read the stickies here, and dedicate yourself to it. Bring an mp3 player or something and zone out while you workout, it helps for ignoring everyone else around you. You're going for yourself, not for others, so fuck what people looking at you think.

21. C4

C4 OT OG Aussie #1

by the way, i see skinny motherfuckers (and im not big by any means) all the time and as long as they are giving it a go who the fuck am i to be anything other than impressed?

22. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

the hell happened in here?

23. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

24. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

The gym will be mostly adults. Most people (even jock bullies) get over that shit and become normal people. Stop being a pussy and take your fate into your own hands rather than making excuses!

25. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

I'm going to see what I can do at my apartment gym when eating correctly. If I don't notice anything after a month or so, i'll go join a gym.

I'm going to start trying to take in my 3500 calories or so per day instead of the 2500 I probably take in now :eek3:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.