Eclipse GSX

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Omega6_Virus, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Omega6_Virus

Omega6_Virus New Member

Oct 20, 2002
    My search for a local 5speed 240SX has come up empty handed. And the more I think about it, a car that I will be happy with stock will be a better buy. I have a RWD car right now and the roads here can be a bitch in winter. So I think the Eclipse GSX will be perfect for me. Anyone know of any sites or anyone here have one? Anything I should look for? What years do I want to stick away from?(I want the newest one I can get for my money[about 7k]obviously) Thanks.
  2. eitan

eitan Guest is a decent forum, just watch out for the bullshitters. is a great resource for pretty much anything you want to know about them.

Also try #dsm.
  3. Dave95GT

Dave95GT New Member

May 14, 2002
    91-94 are the best in that price range, specificaly the 93-94. the transmission is much upgraded, and they have bigger brakes. They are good cars if maintained, despite thier reputation for being unreliable, any 10+ year old car, that is modified for better performance, and then poorly maintained will eventually become unreliable. the aftermarket following is HUGE, and there is a plethora of information on these cars. for 7k you should be able to find a clean 94....or even 95 (2g) car.

(edit, this post made by JYD)