Eclipse CD5442=mine :)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Omega6_Virus, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Omega6_Virus

Omega6_Virus New Member

Well, I finally collected some cash to get a cd player for my car. My friend and I went looking for headunits for me and subs for him. We went to all the main places, Circuit City, Best Buy, ect. Then my friend adnI went to an independent car audio place where another friend of ours got his car audio equipment and talked with the owner. He helped me a lot more than Circuit City or Best Buy ever did. Circuit City told me stuff, this guy explained it all to me. He was extremely helpful. I decided to go with an Eclipse CD5442. It's their 3rd highest head unit, the other two being ones that require an extra amp to operate. I am getting it installed for $520. My mom agreed that she would put in the rest of the money and it would be an early xmas present. The expanding capabilities of this thing are amazing. Voice activated controls, and if you get that you can have voice navagation, and if you have a Nokia phone, your stereo can be a hands free system. The Eclipse head units play almost all cd's that are scratched to hell. I am getting it installed tomorrow which is really nice. I'll post pics asap.

2. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Wow, sorry to hear that. That's some real BS right there. I hate when companies give you the run around like that. Fortunately, I haven't had any problems with my Eclipse 5504. Mine has been performing very nicely. The main thing I like about it is how nice it sounds. I've seen the preouts listed as 8v and that's pretty nice when most other decks are just 3-4v.