Eclipse CD5423 help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bored23217, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Bored23217

Bored23217 New Member

I need an instruction manual for this unit. Maybe a .pdf file? Thanks for any help.

2. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

What do you need help with? I have a 5444 so I might be able to help. Unfortunately Eclipse is lacking on their support section of the website so there are no downloadable manuals afaik.

3. Bored23217

Bored23217 New Member

I need to know how to change the source to AUX for something. I have a wire plugged into the line out inputs so that I could connect my iPod to the HU (i don't even know if this is possible, but my friend has it done in the same way and he said all I needed were the inputs.) Also I wanna know what a non-fader is and what the different crossovers do. Thanks.

4. veonake

Ok, the top-left button on the HU is probably labelled input, and to select aux you press and hold that button for about 1 second. The word "input" should show up on the screen, but yours might say Aux. To get back to CD, just tap that button again (not hold). Yes, it works perfectly with the iPod, that is how I have mine connected.

Non-fader is for the non-fader output RCA cables. Usually you connect these to your subwoofer monoblock. Specifically, these outputs are not affected by the fade controls (balance left/right, fade front/rear) because you want your sub amp receving a nonfaded signal. I assume you found this setting by pressing in the left volume knob and it displayed non-fader and you can rotate this +/- like 15. This can act like a remote bass control knob if you'd like and that is how I am using it.

Crossovers. If yours is like mine, you have two settings for the crossover (if I remember right), pass and 12dB for 66Hz or so. Pass means the full signal (including info below 66Hz or whatever it says) to your speakers. 12dB means there will be a 12dB slope from 66Hz and up to act as a high-pass filter for your speakers removing bass they can't handle. If you already have crossovers for your speakers wired up, this option should probably be set to Pass.

Anything else?

5. Bored23217

Bored23217 New Member

Thanks very much....is the button you want me to hold labeled "DISC"? because someone else told me the same thing, which is what I am gonna try 2day. I have the sound faded the the front 1 (F1), so is there any need to apply the non-fader for my sub? Thanks for all your help.

6. veonake

Yes, Disc. I just got back from class and realized the button was called Disc not input, lol.

About the nonfader. See, the point of the nonfader is so that even if you have the sound faded to the front, it won't have ANY effect on what signal the subwoofer receives, assuming it is connected to the nonfader RCA outputs on the back of your HU. If it is not connected to the nonfader, I would recommend doing so (but I assume this is how you have it wired). All the non-fader control will do, is increase or decrease the signal level sent to your subwoofer amplifier.
    Cliffs: No, no need to apply non-fader.

7. Bored23217

Bored23217 New Member

Thanks for all the help guys. Very impressive. The disc button was the trick. Thanks again.

8. veonake

You're welcome.