Eclipse CD3000 vs. CD4000 headunit

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jayvuu, Oct 28, 2006.

1. jayvuu

jayvuu New Member

got some questions for eclipse hu owners. is the CD4000 worth 100 bucks more than the cd3000? the only difference i can see between the cd3000 and cd4000 is that cd4000 comes with a remote(i dont really need it), a built in aux input, and more color options. also how is the Ipod interface on eclipse headunit? is better or worst than alpine's ipod interface? and lastly is it safe to buy a eclipse hu off ebay? thanks

2. rebs

rebs shares AIDS OT Supporter

nothing touches alpines Ipod control....at this point.

3. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

you'd be amazed at how nice it is to have a remote for your car stereo. especially if your radio is far away from you (tahoes, etc...)

4. Ronin

Ronin Guest

as far as safeness with going on ebay its all the matter of:

do you think eclipse is a reliable enough brand for you to feel safe with buying a deck of theirs without a warranty?

people on here who work shops will know what kind of reliability they have, i dont know

5. rebs

rebs shares AIDS OT Supporter

ive had ONE unit ever need service. But for the price of the units, be glad they have warranty (if you purchase authorized).

6. jayvuu

jayvuu New Member

thanks. for the info. well i talked to my friend and he said eclipse headunit are harder to tune than the alpine. and he told me that i can boost the preout voltage with a processor. so should i just get a alpine hu with a processor? are there any cons of getting a processor? thanks

7. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

wtf is he talking about harder to tune?! IIRC most alpines have 4v pre-outs, and i'd guess that the eclipse does as well.

8. Ronin

Ronin Guest

all alpines are 2v except for the 9861 which is 4v

if you factor an alpine + line driver/preamp/whatever you might as well just stick with an eclipse HU

9. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

:o i've been out too long. last i knew, alpine had 4v starting at the 9807....so alpine has truly gone to complete shit, huh?

10. jayvuu

jayvuu New Member

yup. the 06 apline line sucks. ill most likely get the eclipse CD3000 or wait for the 07 models to come out.

11. ngsm13

ngsm13 New Member

If you don't have noise in the first place... higher pre-out voltage is not noecessarily a huge plus. At all.