Ebay question.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mycophiles, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

I bought a camera on ebay. The listing listed the camera as "new, with manufacture's warranty, 2x optical zoom etc, pro duo memory, and li-ion battery (included)."

Now, it''s the "lithium Ion battery, (included)" part I have problems with. Later in the auction is said no accessories included and I was aware of that and bought all the accessories seperately except the battery.
    Later on in the auction, like I said, it said no accessories. Am I wrong to expect the battery included in the auction?

Also, in this auction I got the camera and the original box. (and when I say the original box I mean the original box that was inside the box the camera came in. It's a plain box. I'm curious how I would go about getting a manufacture warranty in the future. (says it's covered up to one year from sony.)
    Any suggestions?

2. Tzuma

Tzuma New Member

Ive never seen a cybershot or other general use camera not come without the battery. As such, I would not consider the battery an "accessory".

The fact that it said "included" in the auction is enough to expect it to be included, either way. Are you saying you didnt get a battery?

Its also a bit weird you didnt get the outside box with the camera description and UPC code.

3. I'm not trying to be a "Negative Nancy" here, but purchasing electronic products on Ebay is never, ever a good idea.

4. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

I've done it several times without issue. You have to be careful but there are many reliable sellers selling electronics on Ebay.

5. MSTRBKR

MSTRBKR New Member

I bought my PS3 with no trouble whatsoever. As a buyer on ebay you are well covered by ebay policy.

Why don't you contact the seller? That seems the logical thing to do.

6. Keiphus

Keiphus my dog eats bears

I bought a digicam on ebay from one of these "reliable" sellers. To this day I swear it's a REALLY GOOD chinese knock off.

7. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

I have contacted the seller and he says if I return it (I pay shipping) then he will refund.

He says if I want to do a manufacturer warranty then I need to tell sony the papal information and they will warranty the camera. I've never heard of that.

8. uneek

uneek OT Supporter

I would just tell him that since the auction said original box and battery, he can either send you those 2, send you a prepaid fed-ex voucher, or you tell your bank the charges are unauthorized, report him to ebay, and file a mail fraud complaint, his choice.

don't screw around

9. Keiphus

Keiphus my dog eats bears

You need to decide... was he being deceptive or are you just a stupid buyer? If he was being deceptive, refer to post #8, otherwise there is nothing wrong with taking a refund on your shipping dime. I used to sell stuff on eBay and every now and then you'd get the retarded grandma who couldn't read, but had a 12 inch penis. Put yourself in their shoes too ya know.

10. 7960

7960 New Member

funny, ebay is the FIRST place I look for electronics.

this.

the longer you wait, the harder it'll be to fix it.

11. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

You actually have quite a bit of power here.
    Just follow through on Paypals dispute system.

Remember, sellers can no longer file feedback on buyers, only buyers can file feedback and some people looooose there minds over negative feedback.

Now, I understand the battery. The battery is not an acessory.
    But the original box thing.... I don't get that.

I vote you send him an email and tell him that in an effort to be fair you will ignore the box thing, but you need the battery. If you don't get it in 7 days you will follow through with negative feedback and a paypal dispute.

In the event that he emails you back and says that 7 days is impossible because of shipping times, respond back that it can be done through UPS or FEDEX and you will not give him a minute more.

Best of luck.

12. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

I once purchased a 16 gig Pro-duo card for my PSP from ebay.
    I waited a week, then 2 weeks. When I didn't receive it I filed a Paypal dispute.
    I waited a day on the dispute and checked the guys ebay site and found out that he had closed down his ebay account. When I clicked on email him I got a message that said the account had been closed by him and I could no longer contact him.
    I immediately escalated the dispute.

A few days go by and the card arrives.

I spend an evening screwing with it. I find it doing weird stuff. I take another day and verify it is a non functioning knockoff of the 16 gig card.

So what did I do?
    Nothing. I just waited and Paypal refunded all my money because I never reported that I received it.

13. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

I am going by a camera store tomorrow to have a battery thrown in the camera to make sure it works. If so I'm not going to make this a huge issue.

I did call sony and they said I would need a warranty card that came with the camera. It was someone from india though so who knows if she knew what she was talking about.