WEB Ebay Affiliate Sites

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MaK10, Dec 11, 2007.

1. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

Anyone do any of these?

Basically there are scripts and stuff out there that you can couple with your CJ affiliate ebay account and put up sites with a shit load of auctions and get like $25 everytime someone joins ebay after clicking one of your links and get a percentage per sale made via your links.

It's similar to auctionads, but it bypasses auctionads and gives you full revenue (granted it's easier to just use auctionads, which I still do)

But anyways, I started a site a week ago and didn't make any revenue up until 2 days ago, and in the past 2 days i've made $80, so it's not bad.

So I was just wondering if anyone else runs sites like these and maybe we can swap tips on how to lay stuff out, what converts well, etc.... :wiggle:

2. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

Man, I was really excited about auctionads because I really hated CJ. CJ will deactivate your account unless you keep new sales coming through and it's annoying so I liked being able to use auction ads instead. But ever since auction ads was sold it has really sucked with reporting and revenue, at least for me.

ebay affiliate sites can do really good if you can get a lot of traffic. Although it's not as easy to make the "new user" commissions (nice easy $25) these days since most people already have an account, the cookies can be huge. Meaning even if they visit your site and don't buy anything that time, if they clicked one of your ebay links to even just look your ref id gets set in their cookies so if they go back the next day and buy anything at all you get credit for the sale. Can be huge during times like xmas but of course depends on them not visiting another affiliate link between or having any kind of antivirus that will kill your cookies lol.

I've been using CJ and scripts to play around with stores though. The most recent I put up was just using a wordpress: www.gadger.com .

Been wanting to try out BANS (buildanichestore.com) for a while now as I have read it is really easy to setup but been having fun just playing with wordpress for now lol.

What niche is your store? I may have a few links we can trade :).

3. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

I was reading about BANS on the dp forums, that's what gave me the idea. So I found a free script that incorporated the ebay stuff in wordpress and setup a site for designer hoodies. I also have one that me and a friend just started for ticketmaster / concert presale passwords.

And yeah, I've been having trouble with auction ads lately. Their site someones doesn't let you log in, reporting is slow (mainly cause CJ is slow reporting to them) and the ads randomly won't show up... Don't get me wrong I still use them and they still pull cash, but I made another sale on my hoodie site yesterday, so in about a week i've pulled roughly $87 (in just the last 3 days, but site started a week ago) so it's not bad, we'll just see if i can keep the people coming back.