Eating / Lifting Questions

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by CappyStyles, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CappyStyles

CappyStyles New Member

Got 4 for you OT....

Does anyone know somewhat accurately, how many cals (and what % of them are protein / fat / ect) are in an Oz of lean new york strip steak?
    I've been seeing about 60 on the internet, with about 9g of protein per Oz. If this is correct, it's going to be pretty hard to cut while eating steak...and I can suck up 75%+ of my daily protein requirement from that one piece of meat? (Can you even absorb 120+ grams in one sitting?) My steaks are about 18oz raw.

Has anyone had alot of wrist pain while benching? Only while using barbells, but it does not matter if I'm doing incline or flat. Any fix or way to get stronger wrists? (IBjerkoff)

Does anyone have alot of pain where the arm/shoulder connects to your chest when running? Like if you push right on the outside edge of your pec muscle. Any fix for this? Maybe I'm moving my arms too much when running?

Lastly, If I'm running a 500 cal deficit to try and lean up a little, and following the workout plan Pur posted in the sticky, will I be dissapointed if I'm expecting any gains in strength / muscle mass? I'm thinking I should pack on at least a little muscle, but don't really understand how this would happen if I'm not even giving my body the cals it needs to maintain, let alone grow.

Sorry if any of these were easy / posted before. Thanks yall. :wavey:

2. ericande

ericande Active Member

Um, if you're cutting maybe you shouldn't eat 18oz steaks? 1000 calories for a steak that size sounds about right off the top of my head. Refer to Pur's diet (which if you're active you'll probably lose a bit of weight on or at worst maintain) and see what size steaks he's eating.

3. CappyStyles

CappyStyles New Member

Yeah. I did this and noticed he is going more for 6-8oz. Will cut these beasts in half I guess.

Any info on the other questions?

4. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

need to consume 1g per Kg of bodyweight AT MINIMUM per day, spread out over 4-6 meals or snacks. Weigh your steak after cooking to properly figure protein content.

keep your knuckles upward while bench pressing, like you are punching the sky. weak wrist leads to stress and pain. the shoulder pain while running could be a few things, but I suggest you quit throwing your arms all over the place when you run.

generally, yes. A cutting diet is used to strip the fat off of your lean tissues and expose them. It would be very hard (not impossible) to add muscle while on a deficit diet. That's why most real bodybuilders lift in phases. Off season mass gains, and precontest fat cutting.

5. CappyStyles

CappyStyles New Member

Thanks for teh answer. I think I might have been pointing my knuckles a little bit behind me. Still looking if anyone else has anything to add.

6. xSteveO

xSteveO Guest

most newbies have wrist issues, just keep at it, they'll get stronger

7. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

I did when I started as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.